𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙉𝙂𝙀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥strange
chapter 24

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"found you" i heard a voice behind me say. i turned around to see scaramouche. i started tearing up, i was so overwhelmed. the story kazuha had told me, my unsureness, all the questions i had, and now scaramouche; it was all just too much for me.

kazuha got up and blocked me from scaramouche's view.

"step away, kazuha." scaramouche demanded but kazuha remained still.

scaramouche sighed and plopped down to the ground, he was defeated. he knew kazuha told me everything.

"do you want to know what happened?" scaramouche sighed.

kazuha sat down between me and scaramouche and looked at me, worry written on his face.

i nodded.

"will you be okay?" kazuha asked and i nodded again.

i waited for this so long, i can't wait any longer.

"fine then.." scaramouche started.

-------kunikuzushi's pov, back in the past.

"i'm so excited to see kazuha again, i wonder what he's bringing from liyue this time." tomo excitedly exclaimed.

i smiled happily awaiting for kazuhas arrival.

we have been friends for a long time, we had met on a rainy day in inazuma. i didn't have a place to stay in and kazuha offered me to sleep at his place.

he was the first person in a long time to willingly help me, he wasn't afraid of me nor did he annoy me.

before i knew it he introduced me to tomo and i was part of their silly little friendgroup.

seeing him again made me happy.

soon, the crux ship boarded ritou's harbour and a few strangers left the boat. tomo grew worried by the time everyone seemed to have exited the ship. just as he was about to enter the ship, kazuha appeared in front of him.

behind kazuha was a young woman, she seemed to be shy as she hid from the two boys.

"you're finally back!" tomo exclaimed happily.

"hello" i smiled.

"it's great to see you again." kazuha smiled and shook our hands.

kazuha pulled the young woman forward and she had a loving smile plastered on her face. my heart started beating faster at the sight of the beautiful woman.

"hello, i am [name], it's nice to meet you two." she said.

"[name]! what a beautiful name for such a beautiful woman! my name is tomo" tomo started flirting with [name] like he does with basically every woman.

"hey! hands off her, that's my girlfriend you're talking to." kazuha proudly said as he put his arm around her waist. i saddened at the words he said.

"girlfriend? isn't that interesting, well my name is kunikuzushi." i reached my hand out to [name] which she gladly shook.

"i hope you'll have a great time with your boyfriend here." tomo winked which made both kazuha and [name] blush.

"how long are you planning to stay here, [name]?" i chimed in. i was curious about this woman.

"oh uh, forever actually." [name] laughed.

(3rd person pov)

that was the first time [name] and kunikuzushi met. they both became the best of friends. but every time kunikuzushi thought of [name] or saw her, his heart beat quickened and he got this fluttery feeling inside of his stomach. he always tried to ignore it and not pay any attention to it but he soon realised he was falling in love with [name].

she was just so perfect, she would always listen to him and she knew everything about him. she knew more about him than kazuha and tomo did and that alone had to mean something.

and no matter how horrible kunikuzushi's childhood was, [name] never judged him for it. she even knew he was a fatui harbinger. she never treated him differently after finding out about everything. kunikuzushi loved her so much, it was already unbearable to see her with someone else. even if it was kazuha, his best friend.

kunikuzushi wanted to be the one to make [name] happy, he wanted to be the one to hold her and tell her how much he loved her.

but he could never be the one. it was always kazuha, no matter how much kunikuzushi wished it was him, it was always going to be kazuha. because your heart belonged to him. and him only.

kunikuzushi had gotten weaker, not physical wise but emotionally. letting mere human emotions take over him.

so he accepted that he could never be with you and hid his love for you. he decided to be happy about having you in his life in the first place and was grateful for that. 

unfortunately,
yae miko had been watching the balladeer out of curiosity. she admired young love so this was all very entertaining for her. she had also found out that she wasn't the only one who had been watching the man and his friends. tartaglia, also known as ajax, had found kunikuzushi meaning that the tsaritsa must also know this.

even if yae miko is considered as mischievous she could never let the fatui take away [name] and end up killing her.

when she finally found kunikuzushi sitting by a tree on his own she approached him, he was not happy to see her at all.

"kunikuzushi, a word?" yae miko declared not taking no as an answer.

kunikuzushi took a quick glance at her before shifting his attention back to the cigarette in his hand.

"it's about you're precious [name]" 

he stopped what he was doing now giving her all his attention with a glare. "what about [name]?"

"the fatui found out about her and you know what's going to happen next."

kunikuzushi wasn't stupid, he knew exactly what was going to happen. he knew all their dirty tricks and methods.

"you have two options: let [name] get tortured and killed by the fatui or kill her yourself." yae miko was putting it simple for kunikuzushi she was just hoping for him to not be stubborn.

but the balladeer only scoffed, "what you're saying to me sounds like nothing but lies if the fatui already found out i would have known."

"fine then i will kill [name]" yae miko knew she wasn't going to do so. she just needed to aggravate kunikuzushi.

it seemed to work because he got up and stood before her giving her a stare that could kill thousands of people. yae miko had to stop herself from giggling but the height difference made it almost impossible, to her she was fighting yet another child.

"don't touch [name]" kunikuzushi said and broke eye contact once again.

"oh don't worry i won't" yae miko laughed and turned around signalling she'd take her leave, "but kill [name] or the fatui will."

with those last words yae miko had left and kunikuzushi was speechless.

but he quickly shook his head and leaned back on the tree, he always thought yae miko was an obnoxious woman and he had never taken any orders from her so why would he do so now? and why such a horrible one at that.

he was quickly pulled out of his thoughts by you appearing in front of him.

"hi ku! do you wanna go out for a walk?" you happily smiled and he nodded.

he could never kill [name].