𝘼 𝙋𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙇

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥a pearl
chapter 12

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ♬ ──── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡
𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ♬ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

i hear a knock on my door and scaramouche's voice asking me to please let him in.

"i don't want to talk to you." i plop down onto my bed but scaramouche still opens the door.

"please? i just wanna talk to you." he says with worry in his eyes. my heart softens at the sight before me but i wasn't planning to forgive him now.

"scaramouche, get out." i get out of my bed and walk past him, feeling my head hurting. i start feeling dizzy but ignore it.
unfortunately, scaramouche grabs my hand to make me stop.

instead of stopping my vision goes black and i fall back not being able to see or hear my surroundings.

———

i wake up in one of those strange dreams again. this one seemed different than the others. normally i woke up in nice places, like a flower field or a cozy house like last time but this time it was really dark. i couldn't really tell where i was.

i started feeling anxious and nauseous, this dream felt more real than the others. i even felt the tears strolling down my face or the cold air hitting my body.

all of a sudden, i heard the shuffling of feet behind me and a man appeared. i couldn't tell who he was like every time i had those dreams.

his presence made me feel uneasy. all i could think of was how to get out of this dream. screaming in my head or begging to get out didn't help at all. all it did was making me more nervous. i was stuck in this dream, stuck in this body.

i felt a hand on my head, maybe he was here to rescue me? but instead of doing anything nice, the man grabbed my hair and dragged me further into this dark area.

when he stopped walking he hit my body and i started begging for him to stop but he wouldn't listen.

i couldn't feel any punches but every time his hand met my body i felt more and more nauseous.

i want to get out of this dream.

the man was saying something inaudible, only sometimes i could understand him telling me to shut up.

after a while, my body was laying on the ground in a puddle of my own blood. my vision was blurry, and i felt horrible.

the man picked up my body and was about to hit me again but another person stepped in front of me. "don't fucking touch her again." the man had a stern voice. the other man who was hitting me seconds ago left leaving me and the other person alone.

"hey, don't die please." he said and held me in his arms.

"i'll do something that you probably won't forgive me at all. but it's for your own good." he said and put two fingers on my forehead.

"i love you, [name]. let's meet again.
goodbye."
and with that i felt a sharp pain flashing through my body. it was the first time i could feel pain in these dreams. it felt like i was struck by lightning.

———

i woke up in reality again, and quickly sat up. sweat was dripping down my forehead and i was breathing heavily. scaramouche was holding my hand. his eyes lit up when he saw that i had finally woken up but his expression turned to worry when he saw how panicked i was.

"[name], [name], calm down. here, a glass of water. drink." he held a cup to me but i slapped it out of his hand out of reflex and started crying.

i was still shocked by the dream and the pain i felt.
"shh, shh. [name] lay down. breathe." scaramouche took me by the shoulders and gently laid me back. i took a deep breath in and out.

it took me some more time to calm down, but scaramouche didn't leave even once during this time. he kept holding my hand and helped me to calm down.

"are you better now?" he asked in a calming voice.

"yes, thank you very much." i smile weakly at him.

scaramouche puts a hand on my forehead and sighs, "looks like you caught a fewer. are you feeling nauseous."

"yes." i mumbled.

"i'll make you soup." he said and left the room.

i felt tired but i was too scared to fall back asleep, i didn't want another one of those dreams. 

scaramouche came back with soup a long time later and sat down on the chair next to my bed. i sat up and watched him take a spoon with soup and blow air on it, then holding it to my face.

i hesitantly ate it and felt the warm soup go down my throat. it was delicious. "more please."

scaramouche chuckled and fed me more of the soup he made.

after finishing the bowl, i felt tired again. scaramouche must have noticed i was too scared to fall back asleep because he sat down onto the bed and held me in his arms.

"it's okay, you can fall asleep." he whispered into my ear.

"thank you." i muttered.

"by the way, [name]. i'm really sorry about what i said earlier. i realised you have a right to know about all of that." he said and i looked back up at him.

"thank you, i forgive you. and i wanna apologise too. i shouldn't have lost my temper like that."

"i forgive you too, i'll tell you everything once you're not sick anymore."

i think about his words and then about the dream i had. 

"scara, i don't think i want to know what those dreams mean anymore."

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

hello everyone, i would like to say that i started hysterically laughing when i reread this chapter, i feel like this is incredibly cringe and idk how u people enjoy this😭

but im really glad you do and i would like to thank everyone who reads this story because it makes me really happy to see people actually enjoy my content🫶

i love all of you