𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙂

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥young
chapter 22

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬
𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐰
𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

(recap->) [name] met kazuha and he seemed to already know her from the past, as he was about to explain what he knew scaramouche found the both of them. kazuha kept calling scaramouche "kunikuzushi" and scaramouche wasn't very pleased to hear that name. he grabbed [name] and took her back to their place where he decided to leave liyue saying that its too dangerous there.

(end of recap)

"but i don't want to leave liyue" i loudly exclaimed to which scaramouche only groaned in annoyance.

he wasn't paying attention to me anymore and packed our stuff into a bag.
but i couldn't understand why he would say liyue was too dangerous, it seemed pretty safe to me. was it because of the secret he is hiding? is it because here are too many people who know about my past?

my thoughts were racing and i started debating if i should just run away or not. but would it really help me? where would i even go? to kazuha? what if i'm being paranoid and making this whole "the past" thing up. what if there's no secret scaramouche is hiding?

i shake my head at that thought, he's clearly hiding something incredibly important and his bitch ass is too scared to tell me. what is he afraid of? did he do something bad that i shouldn't know of?

does it have something to do with me? and how can i not remember it?
why would he bring me to liyue in the first place? why did he let me live that day me and lumine showed up at that factory?

there must be a deeper meaning to this. can i even trust scaramouche?

but there's so much he has done for me, he let me live. he made me feel safe. he made me feel loved and needed. archons, he is the man i love. how could i not trust him? he was my first kiss, my first everything. i trust him so much.

trust
trust
do i trust him?
do i really trust scaramouche?

he had brought me here, refuses to tell me what happened to me although he obviously knows everything and gets defensive when i talk about it.

the past.

he knows what happened before i woke up in the abyss, he must know. he knows everything. why won't he tell me?

should i stay with him?
should i leave now?

what will happen if we leave liyue?
do i really want to be in a relationship based on lies?
if i stay with him, will he ever tell me the truth?

(3rd person pov)

"[name] stop spacing out and help me here!" scaramouche grabbed your shoulders and you stared at his face.

he's beautiful. flawless even. but looking at him in this moment made you feel uneasy.

is this all a lie? did he tell the truth when he said he loved you? did he tell the truth when he said he wanted to be with you forever?

"scaramouche i..don't think i want to stay with you." you mumbled and pushed his hands off.
you took a step back and watched his reaction.

his expression changed from a blank expression to anger. he was burning with rage. he would never let you, a mere human being, defeat him like this. he would never let anyone destroy his pride like that. a demand is a demand, doesn't matter who he is ordering around, it must always be respected. he's a proud man, a serious one. archons, he is a goddamn fatui harbinger, he would never let you disrespect him this way.

he stepped closer to you, blinded by rage. not only were you being stupid but also completely annoying. the only thing important to him right now was keeping his secret safe, afraid you would leave if you knew the truth.

deep down he knew you would leave either way, wether you knew the secret or not. he knew you felt like you couldn't trust him anymore. there was nothing he could change about it and that fact alone made him furious. why couldn't you just listen to him like all his servants did. why do you have a mind of your own.

scaramouche isn't the type to talk about problems, he likes to resort to violance so that's exactly what he did.

he grabbed your wrist not wanting to let go. he knew he was hurting you but he couldn't care less.

at least not in the moment.

later he'll feel devastated about the thoughts he's having, but his pride is important to him now. and you were clearly not respecting it by refusing to leave liyue with him.

all this time it was so easy to stay calm, you would always listen to him and do what he wanted you to, why won't you listen to him now? are you not aware of the troubles you're causing?

"scaramouche, you're hurting me." you said while trying to push his hand off of you.

"i sure hope i am." he replied tightening his grip on your wrist.

"excuse me?" you said now getting angrier at him. sure, you were scared of him but you would never let him hurt you like this. in fact, you would never let anyone hurt you in any way. no exceptions for scaramouche.

"get the fuck off of me." you said now glaring at him, he glared back.

he slammed you into a nearby wall and made it harder for you to move away from him.

"i'm not one of your puppets you can just order around." you hissed and kicked him in the crotch making him let go off you.

you took his moment of distraction as an opportunity to make a run for it. you got out of that place as fast as you could and looked for help.

to your luck you found kazuha sitting outside of a restaurant and ran up to him.

"kazuha!" you shouted and made him turn around to you.

"hello [name]" he said but stopped upon seeing your scared expression. "are you okay?"

"no, let's get away from here."

you grabbed him by the hand without giving him the chance to reply.

you both ran out of town as quick as possible. when you felt like you had run far enough you stopped. you took in a deep breath and checked on kazuha who seemed to be fine.

"kazuha, tell me everything."