𝟱𝟬𝟱

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥505
            chapter 9

╭── ⋅ ⋅──♬──⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤
𝐨𝐫 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ──♬── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"so was this a date?" i jokingly asked, arriving at the boat we were offered to stay in.

scaramouche ignored my foolish question and entered. our fingers were still intertwined, i felt comfortable like this.

i quickly shook my head at this stupid feeling i had and let go of scaramouche's hand.

i'm not allowed to feel this way. especially, because scaramouche is a harbinger. and because aether would be incredibly mad if he found out i wasn't keeping an eye out on his sister and just "enjoying myself" like others would say. i'm sure that could ruin or friendship and i really don't want that.

speaking of lumine, where is she? is she even okay? i don't think paimon could protect her and i don't even want to think about yae miko.

rage fills me as i think about yae miko and what she had done to me. she's the reason why i am here in the first place.

"why do u look like that." scaramouche spoke out and waved his hand in front of my eyes.
i must had spaced out. i blinked a couple of times and looked at scaramouche.

"like what?" i asked.

"angry i guess." he looked away from me.

"it's nothing." i sighed and walked past him making him turn around to me, grabbing my wrist and giving me a questioning look.

"what?" i asked him in an annoyed tone and jolted my hand out of his.

"it's just that..you know..it doesn't have anything to to with me right?" he looked down to ground.

i was confused, he doesn't seem like the type to care about such a thing. was this really so important to him?

now i'm the one feeling stupid for the way i responded to him.

"sorry, i wasn't mad at you or anything." i calmly said after taking a deep breath.

"okay." was all he said before he turned away from me to go to sleep.

okay?

———next morning———

slowly waking up i felt the touch of another persons body against mine.
being as stupid as i am i didn't realise something was wrong and snuggled up to the person laying behind me.

that was until i felt the breath of the other person on my neck and jumped up.

the person sleeping in my bed was none other than scaramouche himself.
if it was anyone else i would have ended them right now but i couldn't force myself to do anything about scaramouche.