𝙁𝘼𝘿𝙀 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙊 𝙔𝙊𝙐

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥fade into you
chapter 7

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮,
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"let's go on a walk, scaramouche."

after calming down i got up from the bed and stretched. i was still a little dizzy but getting better.
scaramouche nodded and we went outside, the town is nice but i was longing for more nature. a place less crowded would be nice.

"i heard there's a nice restaurant called wangshu inn. do you wanna go there?" scaramouche asked me.

my stomach was already making noises so i nodded. i haven't eaten in forever.

on our way there, it was very sunny. we passed a fee hilichurl camps and only fought when they attacked us. it wasn't much of a problem, especially because scaramouche was really skilled.

"why did you want to go to liyue?" i tried to stir up a conversation.

"it's the closest." scaramouche replied.

and we stopped talking again.
he isn't much of a talker, he'll give simple answers most of the time.

as we walked further, i could see a big tower and assumed it was wangshu inn.

before i could go any further, scaramouche grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me back.

"what are you-" i spoke out but scaramouche interrupted me by putting his hand on my mouth.

"shut up, we're being watched." he whispered into my ear and my eyes widened.
i didn't notice that but now that he was saying it i did feel watched.

"what now" i ask scaramouche and wait for his response.

he looses his grip on my shoulder and sighs, "nothing, i don't care about it."

he continued walking to wangshu inn as if nothing happened.

"whatever" i muttered and walked the other direction towards a bridge, leaving scaramouche alone.

"stop right there." a deep voice commanded which sent a shiver down my spine.

i turned around and saw a yound man around my age standing behind me.
he had dark medium-length hair with teal undertones, which is swept back in front of his ears.
his pale skin was clean and perfectly matched his amber eyes and the red eyeliner around his eyes that resembled the eyeliner scaramouche has.
the man also has a purple diamond marking on his forehead, and a green tattoo around his muscular right arm.

he wore rather unique clothes, a white sleeveless shift with subtle cloud patterns and baggy dark purple pants.

in his left hand he held a mask and in the other he held a polearm.

where did he come from? there wasn't anyone behind me a second ago.
he wasn't going to fight me now, right?

"who are you?" i nervously asked and looked around for scaramouche who i had forgotten for a second.

"i'm the one asking questions, who are you." the man roughly spoke out.

talk about mean.

"is this some kind of interrogation? i didn't do anything."

"who are you." the man repeated impatiently.

"i'm not telling you, who are you?" i replied trying to sound as confident as possible.
on the inside i was screaming.
dear archons, please help me.

"fine. if i tell you who i am will you tell me who you are?" the man sighed. "i am the adeptus xiao."

"i am [name]" i told the man in front of me.
his eyes widened. why was he so shocked?
what's his problem?

"[name]? how are you still alive?" xiao spoke out and grabbed both of my shoulders.

"what is happening? please let go off me." i pushed xiao off of me and took a step back.

"what are you talking about? [name] it's me! can't you remember me?"

"remember? no..i can't" the word remember was stuck in my head. i was so confused. xiao came closer to me but i stepped back every time.

suddenly xiao's face appeared in my mind, and i gasped. i already know xiao from somewhere.

"xiao i-"

"[name]!!" scaramouche interrupted me and grabbed my hand. "get away. now."
he glared at xiao and xiao only scoffed before disappearing in thin air.

what happened?

"scaramouche you have a lot to explain."

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
thanks for reading😘😘