Chapter 6

Unexpected interaction.

3 months have passed eversince then Claude and Veronica has been interacting a lot more and done their respective jobs as rulers.

In Claudes Chambers.....

He asked, ''Hows the empress doing?''

"Shes alright your majesty although her workload did increase since shes been handling the barrier project.''

''What is she doing now?''

''For now the empress is taking a break your majesty, shes currently drinking tea.''

Tea huh... , ''is that so, well since i also want to take a rest lets head to the empress.''

Felix couldn't believe what he heard so he showed a small grin on his face stating, ''Yes your majesty.''

At Veronica's place.........

''Ahh, taking a break while drinking tea and enjoying the scenery like this is quite great.''

Unexpectedly Ava ran towards her and said, ''Your highness his majesty the emperor is here.''

She chooked her drink, ''what?!''

Felix came in first since he wanted to inform me, ''Blessings to the moon of the empire, the emperor is here to visit your majesty.''

''Ahh, is that so.''

A voice interrupted us, ''Greetings empress.''

I immediately stood up from the chair and bowed, ''Blessings to the sun of the empire, may i ask why the emperor himself visited?''

''Well nothing much since i heard you were drinking tea, i simply wanted to join.''

''Ahh is that so?, well please sit down your majesty.''

What the hell!, why is he here?, in the novel he didn't even once visited Veronica, it was Veronica who kept interrupting him and bothering him all the time, i thought he didn't like bothersome activities like this.

The area was quiet but the atmosphere didn't feel uncomfortable and since Claude had no intention of starting a conversation neither did she, until he asked.

''So.''

I looked at him, ''Hmm?''

''How's your job doing?''

''Well its doing alright, there isnt any flaws happening.''

''Is that so, well thats great''

The Quietness continued after that conversation.

After she drank all of her tea she she stated, ''Well since i have officially rested i think its time for me to get back to work your majesty, so thank you for visiting me.''

''Yes you are quiet right, i think its also time for me to leave.''

She bowed after he left.

Well to be honest that was unexpected he actually visited me, first time for everything i guess.

She continued her work after.

A few days have passed, today Veronica was summoned to the council room after the nobles requested for her presence.

Claude was already inside the council room waiting for her.

Doors are opening.....!

The empress has arrived!

Every noble in the room bowed and stated, "Greetings to the moon of the empire."

She nodded.

After that she then greeted the emperor.

''Greetings to the sun of the empire.''

He nodded as a sign of acknowledgement.

''Since the empress is here lets start our meeting.'' , Said Claude.

''So empress you may lead.''

''Yes your majesty.''

''So since the nobles summoned me i think there are some questions that needs to be answered so please raise your hand and ill gladly answer.''

The marquise raised his hand.

''Yes marquise, you may speak.''

''So your majesty since you were in charge of the barrier project in the obelia border i read from the reports that you are wasting your money on something so useless since they stated that the barriers are nowhere near as strong compared to the monsters that are attacking.''

Murmurs scattered throughout the whole room rapidly.

A small grin appeared on his face while he averted his gaze.

As their whispers became louder the Emperor stated, ''quite down everyone.''