Chapter 9

Starting Point.

In the emperor's chambers...

Claude was restless thinking, Why do i keep thinking about her?, Am i cursed or something?

That moment when she said those words my heart felt warm inside, why do i feel this way?

After that Claude couldn't properly sleep that night.

In Veronica's place.......

Another long day, im tired as hell also Claude acted weird today i wonder why?, well either way im glad were getting close.

A new day has risen..........

''Goodmorning your majesty.''

''Morning Ava.''

''Ive already prepared a bath for you.''

''Yes, thank you.''

After taking a bath she ate breakfast and went back to work.

Felix asked, ''Your majesty is everything okay you seem distracted.''

''Oh yeah, im fine.''

He was quite worried about him but maybe he thought that he was being delusional and was just overthinking, ''Well if you say so, ill be going to my post now.''

He nodded.

Claude kept wondering, yesterday that was the first time she ever trully showed me her smile she looked so dazzling i always thought that she was a serious person but to see her smile like that it makes my heart beat.

Hah, i must be really going crazy right now.

After working for a couple of hours Veronica took a break.

''Hmm Ava?, is it true that there's a place in the Palace where you can go boating?''

''Yes your majesty that is true.''

''Really ive never seen it before.''

''Well its because you're always overworking yourself my lady.''

''Yeah you're right, can you take me there?''

''Sure my lady, please follow me.''

After a couple minutes of walking they've finally arrived.

''Oh wow its so pretty theres even a willow tree here, i should've came here sooner.''

''Do you perhaps need any help with riding the boat my lady?''

''Oh ah no thanks, i can do this myself.''

Actually in my past life i did a lot of boating with my friends so im quiet good at this although i kinda miss them a little.

An unexpected voice came in.

''May i also join the empress?''

''blessing to the sun of the empire'', the maid bowed.

''Oh ahh your majesty, why are you here?''

''Didn't i told you yesterday to call me Claude?''

Felix was shocked right behind him thinking, this is the first time i heard his majesty said something like this.

''Oh yeah i forgot, what are you doing here Claude?''

He grinned stating, ''is there any reason for me to come and visit my wife?''

Felix was once again shocked joing the maid.

Veronica's eyes also widened but then replied, ''well i guess you're right'', she smiled unknowingly.

After the conversation both of them went boating.

Quietness surrounded them but for it did not felt awkward, while Veronica kept enjoying the view Claude only watched her with a smile he then questioned.

''So what do you think, do you like it?''

She looked back at him, ''Hmm, well its quite peaceful, i like it, its a good place to clear your mind and rest, so i personally love it.''

He felt happy hearing that, ''Well im happy you feel that way.''

After hours have passed the boat ride ended.

As they went back to the land she told him, ''Thank you so much for accompanying me in the boat ride your majesty.''

''Me to, i enjoyed it myself.''

She smiled, ''yeah i had fun to.''