Chapter 10

The Ball.

It has been officially five months since i got transmigrated here and got married to Claude, everything has been smooth sailing and Claude seems to not hate me compared to the novel.

Eversince that day when we went on a boat ride together Claude keep approaching me and has been talking to me alot, he even made a daily schedule for us to have tea every 3:00 PM.

Although i am quite happy with the fact that were close now but still i need to keep my guard up. 

Also 7 months from now, the female lead will finally show up after that ill just give up the throne and live a peaceful and rich life and travel the fantasy world as i please.

*Knock knock*, ''Your majesty, sir Felix sent a word stating his majesty the emperor wants you to come to his chambers.''

''Yes, thank you for telling me Ava.''

After that she went to the emperor's chambers.

Doors opening.....!

''Greetings to the sun of the empire, what is it that you wish to speak to me your majesty?''

As Claude watched her greet he thought, Why is she always so formal with me ive already told her to call me by my name and yet her walls are still so high to get through, its like she doesn't want to get close to me at all, the thought of it made his stomach turn.

''First please sit down empress.''

''Yes your majesty.''

As she sat down he told her, ''I want to inform you that a ball will be held about a week from now and our trading partner the Okrailan Empire are gonna attend this ball as well as your kingdom.''

''Yes your majesty thank you for informing me, if thats all i shall take my–.''

''Wait!'', he stated so suddenly.

''Hmm, what is it your majesty?''

ugh, what am i doing.

''No nothing you can take your leave now.''

''Oh ok well ill be going now'' , she bowed and left.

After Veronica left, Claude felt dissapointed in himself for not telling her.

A week has passed since then, the ball has officially begun.

The Palace was indeed very busy and crowded.

Sigh this is quite bothersome, Claude thought.

At the night of the evening ball Veronica and the maids were completely shocked for the presence of the emperor in her chambers.

All the maids stated, ''Blessings to the sun of the empire.''

He waved his hand as a sign of being dismissed.

After that all the maids left her room.

''Oh your majesty what are you doing here?'', she asked.

''I came here to escort you of course.''

''Ohh my, you could've sent sir Felix your majesty.''

He frowned then answered, "so you prefer his presence over mine?''

''What! of course not i just thought that this was quite bothersome for you.''

''Well it's the truth i do find this stuff bothersome but i dont mind it if its you." , then he smiled.

Veronica got flustered then replied, ''oh well then ill take your offer your majesty.''

After that they went to the ball.

Doors opening!!!!!

''The Emperor and the Empress has officially arrived!''

All the people who attended the ball bowed then stated.

''Blessings to the sun and moon of the empire!''