Chapter 20

After.

Her birthday ended quite well after enjoying the scenery and having fun, they then went back to the palace and Felix and Ava prepared a huge meal with a huge birthday cake on the table. Their party was small but for her it was all enough since that was probably the happiest time in her life after she got reincarnated.

The night in her birthday party...

Claude spoke, ''Veronica you're quite drunk now and its already late, i should take you back to your chambers.''

''Bot i don wana.'' , with a drunken reply.

''Ok, ok'', he then lift her up and carried her back in bridal style but instead of going to the empress chamber's he carried her back to his room.

As he put her down on his bed she then slowly woken her eyes and said in a drunken tone, ''Claude is always handsome, hehehe.''

Claude got flustered by her sudden talk but he then questioned her, ''is that all you like about me?''

''Hmm, um no of course not.''

''Then what else do you like about me?''

She just spouted out everything since she was really drunk, ''Well what i like about Claude is i like your hair, i like your cute nose, i like your eyes cause when you look at them its like there's stars shining inside them, and also hes really strong even after facing so many difficult situations in his childhood he still managed to stand strong till this day, i like every part of him.''

He smiled after hearing her words his eyes relaxed and he held her cheek Thinking, i cant believe someone would say this to me, people would only call me a monster and a tyrant but you see me as someone in a different light. Thank you for being with me Veronica, he then kissed her forehead and said, "goodnight."

Morning came......

Veronica woke up surprised seing claude half naked with his robe she then thought, umm nothing happened right? , i dont remember anything, ! , ill just slowly come down from the bed and....

Claude then unexpectedly trapped her in his arms questioning, ''where are you going?''

''Ohh ahh Claude, good morning, ummm nothing happened right?''

He didn't answer.

''HEey, nothing happened right~?''

"Mmm, dont worry nothing happened.''

''But why does my back hurts?''

''I promised nothing happened, but if you want we can do it'' , he grinned then kissed her neck.

She got flustered and answer, ''oh right! hahah i have a lot of work to do so i need to go now, so ahhh,.. can you let go of me?''

''No.'' , while hugging her tightly.

''Claude, please?''

''Sigh... fine ill let you go'' , he then freed her from his arms.

She then got down from the bed but before she left she then leaned down and kissed his forehead saying, ''thanks Claude see you later.'' , with a smile after stating that.

Of course once again it made him flustered he then laid back down with his hand on his head thinking, she smelled so nice even when she's drunk she doesn't even reek of alcohol, her smell was alluring and her body was so soft and warm its making me- !!!

It made him blush and redden while he was daydreaming about her.

Ahh what was that thought inside my head right now, why am i getting excited while thinking about her?

I wonder if she feels the same way about me after all this marriage was an arrange one, she was forced by her will, so i dont know if her feelings for me are genuine or not.