Chapter 17

Hunting Competition Pt 3.

After days passed today was finally the last day of the hunting competition everything ended up smoothly, lady Violet didn't even invited me to attend her tea parties anymore which i was happy about.

Also i finally got to socialize and talk to the other nobles here after 5 months of being the empress, well some of them were rude but in the end i still won the argument also Claude is busy as usual but he comes at the tent early to spend some time with me which im glad of course.

In the prince's area of the hunting contest......

''Your grace, how about we went to the cave mybe there's a lot of monsters that's hiding there." 

''Hmm you're right, men lets head out.''

''Yes sir!''

Before they went in they threw a torch as far as possible to the cave so the monsters would come out but after they threw it a herd of monsters rapidly came out resulting the men who accompanied him to get injured and some of them got killed, he went back quickly as possible since the monsters were heading Across the camp site.

!!!!!

As Claude was busy managing everything the prince came in and shouted.

''Your Majesty a herd of monsters are coming this way!''

''What?!''

After hearing those words the first thought that came to his mind was Veronica.

No, Veronica!

''Felix tell everyone to evacuate the area and tell all the knights to fight!''

''Yes your majesty!''

Claude then ran to the tent as fast as possible.

After hearing the news the nobles who were present evacuated the area.

''Your majesty, we must hurry before they get here.''

''Yes Ava lets go, leave everything behind.''

A loud voice said.

''Veronica!''

''Ohh, you're majesty.''

''hurry and evacuate before they reach us here.''

''Yes, i know and thank you coming.''

After that they went outside, but veronica saw a child stumble and got injured since she couldnt leave that child behind she immediately said, ''Ava you go first!''

''Wait your majesty!''

Claude then immediately grabbed her hand and said,"wait noo! dont go, its to dangerous", with a worried voice.

''Claude i know you're worried about me but i can protect myself please let me go!", she then pulled back her arm and ran to the child as fast as possible.

''Veronica!'', he shouted.

She then grabbed the child and incited a spell.

Die!!!

Thunder came down to sky killing the beast that almost harmed her, she then asked ''are you ok?''

The child keep shaking out fear.

''Crista!''

As she heard that familiar voice she replied, ''Mom!''

''Thank you your majesty for protecting my child  im forever grateful.''

''Your welcome.''

Well anyways lets continue this.

She then went upfront and confronted all the monsters by herself and she once again incited the spell.

Thunders went down from the sky killing all the monsters, after her brave performance the nobles and the knights who watched her clapped at her and thank her for saving their lives.

"Oh ahh." she got embarrassed cause a lot of people praised her.

Honestly i dont know if its muscle memory or just really the effect of having a mage bloodline but that was somehwat scary and simple, i didn't even know i could do that without training, its still weird to me though but fantasy world effect i guess.

After everything was finished she was then crowned as the hunting queen for killing all the monsters that attacked the camp site.

After Claude crowned her she noticed that he was unhappy.

She thought, Is Claude ok?

Then everyone went back home after another successful year of the hunting contest.

''We can finally come back home Ava.''

She pouted and said.

''Your majesty i still haven't forgive you for running off like that.''

''Im sorry i just couldn't let that child die.''

''Sigh, i understand your majesty but please be mindful of your actions, a lot of people worry about you.''

''Ok i got it ill be more careful next time.''