Chapter 7 - How It Came To Be

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

"Please tell that this is some kind of joke?" Sayo asked as she did her best to hold back her rage.

"Do you see anyone joking around, Sayo?" I asked.

"Sorry, I just don't understand what made you thought it was a good idea to date Hina of all people." She said.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked as I let out a small sigh.

"Yes I do."

"Okay, I'll tell you." I said as I began to share the story on how Hina and I became a couple.
______________________________________

Flashback - a few days earlier...

Location - Live House CiRCLE

If you recall, Marina asked me to stay at CiRCLE a bit longer to take care of a few things as soon as Roselia went home for the night. It was only for 30 minutes, but those 30 minutes felt like the longest 30 minutes of my life. But thankfully, those 30 minutes flew by, and I was able to go home.

As I left the building, someone was waiting for me outside. It was Hina, and she gave me a big smile as soon as she made eye contact with me.

"Hi there, (Y/N)-kun!"

"Oh, Hina, what are you doing here at this hour?" I asked.

"I just got done with rehearsals at the agency, and I figured I would wait for you to get done with work." She answered.

"Oh, that's sweet of you."

"What about onee-chan? Is she with you?" Hina asked.

"Sorry, but Sayo already went home for the night." I answered. "How about I walk you home too?"

"Sure. That would be nice."

With that, Hina and I began to walk away from CiRCLE to her place. At first, Hina and I didn't say anything to each other, it was a silent evening. Then Hina looked up at the sky, and got that excited feeling inside her.

"Wow! Look at the stars!" Hina said. "Isn't it boppin'?"

"Yeah, I guess it is."

Hina took her attention away from the stars and looked at me.

"(Y/N)-kun, are you doing okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I was just thinking about something." I said.

"Let me guess, you're thinking about onee-chan are you?"

Hearing Hina say that out loud made me blush. Yes, it was true that I was thinking about Sayo, but I was surprised that Hina knew. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, though.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Come on, we've been friends for years." She said. "I know you all too well."

"Yeah... I figured that out."

"Tell me, do you still have feelings for onee-chan?" Hina asked.

"Well, yeah, but I don't think I have a chance with her anymore."

"Oh."

"I think I should move on." I told her. But the issue is... I don't know if I could love anyone else.
______________________________________

Location - Hikawa Residence

About almost 30 minutes later, I was able to bring Hina home safely. She smiled at me and I smiled back at her. It was nice to walk with her. But for some reason, seeing Hina's smile has given me butterflies in my stomach. I wonder why, though?

"Thanks for bringing me home." She said.

"No problem at all." I replied. "I'll talk to you later."

Right when I started to walk away, I heard Hina calling out to me again.

"Wait!"

I stopped and turned around, and suddenly, Hina came over and kissed me on the lips.

"Hina..."

"Sorry, I know it was sudden, but... I had to tell you that I loved you." She said.

"You... love me?"

"Of course I do. I loved you ever since we first met, but I always felt jealous because of how close you were with onee-chan." She said.

"I see..."

"You don't have to feel the same way as I do, but if you do, you know where to find me." She said and began to head inside her place, leaving me with an important decision to make.

"What should I do?"
______________________________________

End of flashback...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

"And so, after thinking about it, I decided that I should give Hina a chance." I said as I finished the story.

Sayo stared at the ground, feeling surprised about how Hina and I became a couple. I can tell she doesn't approve of this.

"So... After all of this time, you actually still had feelings for me?" She asked.

"I mean, yeah, but not anymore." I said and looked at Hina. "Hina made me realize that I should move on, and be with someone who can 100% return my feelings."

Sayo looked towards Hina.

"And you! How come you didn't say anything about this earlier?"

"Well... I felt like if I told you, you probably would be mad at me." Hina said, becoming scared of her own sister.

"That doesn't make it better!" She snapped.

"Sayo..."

"You know what? I don't care anymore." She said. "I hope you two are happy together."

Sayo ran out of Hazawa Coffee in tears. I don't think we meant to hurt her. She said she wanted to be friends, and that was that. I tried to go after her to apologize, but she was long gone...

"Looks like Sayo hates me again..." I said as Hina came outside too.

"She might hate both of us now." She said.

Sayo... why are you so hard to figure out?

To be continued

A/N: Last Sayo chapter for a little bit. Wanna give my other books a chance to shine.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hoped you guys liked it, and I will see you in the next one. :)