Chapter 9 - Feeling The Love

Same day...

Location - Hikawa Residence, Sayo's Room

Sayo's POV

"Sis... do you really mean it?" Hina asked.

"Yes, I mean it." I replied as my cheeks turned red. "I'm in love with (Y/N)-kun."

I still had the tears in my eyes as I said this. Eventually, I stopped crying and wiped them away, and before I knew it, Hina came over and gave me a gentle hug.

"Don't worry, sis." She said softly. "I already knew."

Hearing that took me by surprise a little.

"Wait, you know?" I asked.

"Yep, I've always known." Hina smiled as she continued. "I can tell how much you liked him ever since we were kids."

My face turned red a little bit. She was right, between Hina and myself, I would always find myself hanging around (Y/N) the most. And... I guess whenever I'm around him, I always found myself smiling. Could I have liked (Y/N) this whole time, and just have been denying it?

Regardless of what it means, if Hina is encouraging me to go to (Y/N), then maybe I should.
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Location - The Park

Your POV

I was surprised that I got a text message from Sayo today, and was even more shocked when she asked me to come meet her at the park. I wonder what she wants to talk to me about... I decided not to ponder it for too long, and just headed to the park as soon as possible.

Once I got there, I spotted Sayo sitting at the bench. My heart started racing as I watched her just sitting there. I composed myself as I made my way over to her.

"Hi there, Sayo." I said.

She looked at me with a smile.

"Hey, thanks for coming to see me."

"It's not a problem. You said it was important, right?"

"Yeah, it is."

She looked down at her feet as I sat down next to her. After a while, she looked up at me and began to speak.

"I wanted to say sorry for how I reacted to you dating Hina." She said.

"Oh, I guess it's ok." I replied. "It took you by surprise, didn't it?"

"It did, and..." She paused for a moment before speaking again. "it broke my heart seeing the two of you together."

"Sayo, what are you trying to say?" I asked.

At first, Sayo didn't say anything. But she took a deep breath before saying...

"I'm in love with you!"

My cheeks turned red as I heard that. This felt too good to be true. I've been in love with her for years, and to actually hear it from her, it felt like a dream.

However, I can tell by the look in her eyes that she was serious about her confession.

"Sayo... do you mean what you said?" I asked.

"Yes, I do." She replied. "In fact, I think I've liked you ever since we first met. I guess I was just... in denial about it."

Sayo's confession is definitely making my heart melt. I started to blush a little bit, even when she kept on talking.

"I know I haven't exactly been a great friend to you lately, but..."

But before she could say more, I leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips. Her cheeks turned red and her eyes widened as she stared at me.

"I think it's about time we put the past behind us once and for all." I said.

"Yeah, you're right, and maybe we can enter the future together, as boyfriend and girlfriend." Sayo smiled. "What do you say?"

"Yes, I would like that very much."

Sayo and I shared another kiss, and for the rest of the day, we stared at the park while I had my arm around her. Believe it or not, we're at the park where we first met, too.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Shout-out to DragonMoonBlue, EmperorLeonidas and HisyamNaufa for becoming recent followers.