Chapter 20 - Practicing and the Past

[Word count - 425]

A few days later...

Location - Hikawa/(L/N) Residence, Living Room

Sayo's POV

"Alright, Hina, we got about a whole month to practice this song for the festival, so let's practice for it, okay?" I said to her.

"Alright, this is going to be so much fun!" Hina said as her eyes lit up with excitement.

"I had a feeling you were going to say that." I said.

In case it wasn't obvious by now, I managed to get approval from the downtown community to take part of the Guitarist Festival with my twin sister, Hina. Once I did get the approval, the next step was to bring it up with Hina. And as you can guess, she was excited to be performing alongside me.

Now the two of us are in my house and we're practicing our guitars like we were in high school again. The only problem was that I haven't played my guitar in a long time, so of course, I'll need to practice hard. Hina, on the other hand, managed to play her guitar like a pro.

"I see you haven't lost your touch." I said.

"Really? I guess not." Hina said. "But still, it does bring back memories."

"Yeah. Back then, I tried really hard to not let you surpass me at the one thing I wanted the most." I confessed.

"That is true, and a lot has happened since then." Hina said. "Before that, though, you were cold-hearted and pushed all of us away.

I let out a sigh when she brought that up.

"Yeah, I guess losing our father broke me on the inside, and I didn't want to be around anyone for a while." I said.

"Yeah, it was hard for me, too. But thankfully, we had (Y/N)-kun." Hina reminded me.

"That is true, but my heart was broken even more when I discovered that you two were dating." I said.

"That did happen, huh?"

"Yes, it did happen."

Hina and I kept on laughing as the two of us kept talking about the past. But now, we need to focus, so we make the festival a huge success for next month.

"So, Hina, shall we get back into it?" I asked.

"Yes, let's do it!" The excited Hina replied.

And with that, we practiced hard once again.

To be continued

A/N: Coming up is epilogue for this book.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)