Chapter 15 - Moving Away

[Word count - 839]

Same day...

Location - Hikawa Residence, Sayo's Room

Sayo's POV

"Wait, what?!" I exclaimed, shocked by what I just heard.

"Yeah... I'm moving away." He said.

A part of me just wants to breakdown and cry, but I did my best to hold it all in. Maybe there is upside to all of this.

"So... where exactly are you moving to?" I asked.

"She wants me to move into a house that is a little closer to Starlight University." I said.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

"What's the problem with that?"

"I lived near you and Hina for so long, and if I were to move away, I'll be so alone."

So that's what he was worried about... Nevertheless, I still managed to form a smile, even though he can't see it.

"I don't think it'll be so bad." I told him.

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Well, moving somewhere closer to your university is a lot better than moving to a whole different town." I said.

"You have a point there..."

"Not to mention..." I continued. "I'll make sure to find my way back to you, no matter how far away you are."

It was true about what I said. I made it my life's mission to always be my (Y/N)'s side because I was an idiot for pushing him away once before. He can't see it, but my cheeks turned pink by the said all of that. I managed to keep talking.

"So tell me, when will you be moving?" I asked.

"When autumn break starts." He replied. "My mom said it wouldn't do any good if we were to move during the middle of the term."

"That does make sense."

"I take it you're gonna see us off on that day?" He asked.

"Yep, and I'll make sure to bring Hina with me cause... you know..."

I heard a chuckle from (Y/N).

"Yeah, I can understand that."
_____________________________________________

Autumn break...

Location - Old (L/N) Residence

Your POV

Well, this is it. Autumn break is here, and I am getting ready to move out the house with my mother. It took a while for us to pack everything, so we made sure to get a head start on it. Once we were good to go, we took everything and placed it inside the moving truck, and they would take everything to the new house.

Eventually, I spotted two girls coming this way: Sayo and Hina. Hina was trying to hold back her tears, while Sayo... well, she's not showing a sign of sadness. I guess after that talk we have, she was mentally prepared for us to leave.

"(Y/N)-kun!!!" Hina shouted as she hugged me tightly. "Why didn't you tell me you were moving away?!"

"Oh, umm... I guess I forgot to bring it up." I nervously replied, though it was the truth.

Hina began to cry on my shoulder as I hugged her tightly. Sayo let out a sigh as she saw this.

"Hina, can you let go of my boyfriend now?" Sayo asked.

"Oh, right." Hina chuckled while letting go.

"Thank you both for coming." I said.

"Of course." Sayo said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Although it's going to be weird knowing that you'll be living near us anymore." Hina added.

"Yeah, but it is what it is, huh?" I said.

"But if you have to move in order to be closer to school, then you have to, huh?" Sayo said.

Just seeing the look on Sayo's face, I can tell she is more upset about this than Hina.

"Sayo, are you okay?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah, what makes you say that?" She asked back, stuttering a little bit.

"You're sad about me moving away, aren't you?" I asked.

"Well, maybe a little..."

I smiled as I came over and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Sayo, it's okay for you to be honest with me." I said. "Remember, I didn't want to move away either."

"Well, yeah, but still..."

I don't think Sayo couldn't take it anymore. She began to break down, and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, and stood there as she cried her heart out.

She cried for a while, but eventually, she stopped crying just to look at me, and even though she still had tears, she smiled at me and said...

"Get there safely, okay?"

"I promise I will."

After that, my mom and I got into our van, and we drove off to our new home. I looked back at the Hikawa twins, who were now waving from the distance. And I saw Sayo blowing me a kiss. I caught it and blew one back at her.

It'll now be harder to see Sayo again, but I know one thing, we'll make it work.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)