Chapter 17 - The Next Step

[Word count - 614]

Same day...

Location - The Park

Your POV

"Hikawa Sayo, will you marry me?" I asked as I showed her the engagement ring I got for her.

Sayo couldn't find the words for answer my question. But I can tell she's been waiting for me to ask it. And so, after a moment of silence, she finally spoke up.

"Yes! Yes I will marry you!" The excited Sayo said.

I was happy that Sayo said yes to marrying me, and I was even happier that I get to finally put a ring on Sayo's finger. I took out the engagement ring, and placed it on Sayo's left ring finger.

As I did, I stood up and Sayo got up and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, and some people nearby saw me proposed to Sayo, and they clapped and cheered for us.

"Congratulations, you two!" One person said.

"We're so happy for you!" Another person said.

Sayo and I were a bit embarrassed that some people were watching us, but we didn't care about that. Sayo and I officially engaged, and we couldn't be happier.

"I guess the next step is to tell our friends and family that we're engaged, huh?" Sayo said.

"Yeah, we should." I replied.
_____________________________________________

A few days later...

Location - New (L/N) Residence, Living Room

After a few days of getting engaged, Sayo brought Hina and her mom over to my new house. My mom was happy to see them again, but she was confused when I told her we had some important news to share. So we gather everyone in the living room, and of course, we offered the Hikawas some drinks since they're our guests.

"So, what was the big news you two have for us?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, you said it was important, right?" Ms. Hikawa asked.

"It is. We have something important we want to tell you guys, and we want you three to be the first to know about it." I said.

I looked towards Sayo and she nodded.

"As of last weekend..." She started, then showed off her engagement ring. "(Y/N)-kun and I are officially engaged."

Everyone gasped by this news, but Hina was the first speak up.

"This is so great! My onee-chan is getting married!" She said, her eyes twinkling. "So Boppin'!!!"

"Hina-chan is right. We're so happy for you two." My mother said.

"And if your father was here, I'm sure he would be proud of your decision to marry (Y/N)-kun." Ms. Hikawa said.

"Yeah, I hope so." Sayo sighed as she stared at her engagement ring.

"So, what's the next step for you two?" My mother asked.

"Well, now that we're engaged, this does change everything." Sayo said and began to think about it.

"Does this mean you two are going to live together?" Hina asked. "If I was dating someone, I would want to move in with them."

"I guess we can do that." I said and looked at Sayo, who looked back at me.

"Yeah, you're right. But I'll do it unless it's okay with you." Sayo smiled.

"I am okay with it." I smiled back.

From there, it was decided that our next step would be to focus on finding a place to call our own, and of course, finding jobs to help keep a roof over our heads. It's not going to be easy, but as long as we have each other, then I know everything will work out.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)