Chapter 2: Terrors

{Flashback/Nightmare}

Sabrina and her family just moved from New Jersey to the Bronx. They moved because her mother was severally sick an needs the best care she can get, she was already losing some of her memory. Sabrina has a twin sister Sarah, they both were seven years old at the time. They were definitely nonidentical twins. Sarah was born with brown hair while Sabrina was born with black hair.

Their father had taken Sabrina outside. "Look child, this is a dangerous world for a little girl. Someone's going to have to watch over your mother and sister. I'm going to turn you into a boy." Sabrina had never really felt like a girl so this intrigued her. They went to a small shop and bought cheap boy's clothing. Her father then went and bought supplies for her when she would need it in the future. He then explained that once her body started maturing that she would have to put the wraps on herself.

When they got back to the house, he brought out a small riffle. It was small but very powerful. He put it in the palm of her hand. "Shoot at the branch and try to make it in the middle." And so she did. She made the middle after just three tries. She was a natural. After shooting practice her father taught her how to fight. They did this for weeks. Then it happened.

One day Sabrina's father took her outside. She wasn't in her boy's clothing yet. Sabrina had the riffle thinking that it was just shooting practice. He took them farther into the woods than usual. "I'm in trouble Brina, I have to leave for good. That's why I put you up to all of this. You have to watch over your sister and mother." He then put his arms out. "You have to kill me Sabrina. It's the only way out of this mess." Sabrina started crying. She didn't want to kill her father, but she knew she had to. "When people like me come around you shoot got that?" "Yes Daddy."  Sabrina was crying very hard and shaking. Both hands on the small silver riffle. She slowly put her index finger on the trigger. She pulled down on the trigger. She then heard her fathers last words "I love you baby girl, be safe." And with this he fell to the ground, dark red blood spilling out of his chest. 

Sabrina then heard a scream behind her. Charles. "Oh my gosh! What did you do Sabrina?!!" He yelled. "Shh. Daddy needed me to kill him, he asked me to. She then explained everything to Charles. He understood completely and helped with the disposing of the dead body that laid in front of the two kids. they started dragging him farther into the  woods heading towards the river.

Then then heard someone. Out of nowhere a tall man grabs Sabrina and pushes her up against a tree. Charles notices that the riffle had fallen out of her pocket as he pushed her towards the tree. "I know you killed him little girl." The tall man said coldly and evil almost. Charles quickly picked the riffle up not wanting the man to hurt Sabrina and pulled the trigger. The bullet hitting him straight in the head. The tall man fell to the ground. They then ran to the lake, threw Sabrina's father in, and ran all the way back threw the forest.

Not only has Sabrina murdered somebody but Charles now has to. They got to the house finally. "We need to make a pack Charles. We can never speak of this again to each other nor to anyone else." "Agreed." Charles then hugged Sabrina before she went into the house. Sabrina was shaking from the incident. She ran up to her room, changed her clothes, and walked into the bathroom. She took the scissors and started cutting her hair. By the end she looked like a young boy. Sabrina then went outside with her bloody clothes and buried them. Nobody could know. Sabrina was only seven years old, but she was wise beyond her years.

Sabrina saw Sarah in the garden as she was walking towards her. "Sabrina?! Is that you???!" "Yea Sarah its me." Sarah jumped up looking shocked, frightened almost. "What...What did you do?" Sarah asked while stuttering. Sabrina knew she couldn't explain it to her sister. So she did the most logical thing. Sabrina pushed Sarah to the ground her head hitting the wood. There was no blood, but Sabrina knew there would be memory loss. Which meant Sarah would think that Sabrina was always a boy.

                                                           {End of  Flashback/Nightmare}

I shot up in a cold sweat. I was breathing hard. There are tears rolling down my cheeks. It happened again. My nightmares. My terrors. My haunting's. My past.

There is no way that I'll be able to go back to sleep. So I quietly crawled out of bed, threw the window and half way up the fire escape, until I heard someone...praying? I recognize that voice. Finch. I started to listen in.

"I don't usually pray but maybe it will help. I know somethings up, but he won't tell me, he barely even talks to me now and I don't understand. Did I do something? Anyway just please help me. I really care about him." Finch then crawled down the other fire escape. 

I climbed up onto the roof looking down on the city. I miss Jersey. I miss Charles. I miss Sarah. I miss Mama. But most of all I miss Daddy. As I put my hand in my pocket I felt something. My riffle. The one Daddy gave me. I pulled it out and stared at it. It was cold. It was very shiny silver. It was a murder weapon. As I held the gun in my hand I thought of a song. My song. The one based on my life.

"Came into this world
Daddy's little girl
And daddy made a soldier out of me
Ooh
Daddy made me dance
And daddy held my hand
And daddy liked his whiskey with his tea
And we rode motorcycles
Blackjack, classic vinyl
Tough girl is what I had to beHe said, take care of your mother
Watch out for your sister
That's when daddy looked at meWith his gun, with his head held high
He told me not to cry
Oh, my daddy said shoot
With his right hand on his rifle
He swore it on the bible
Oh, my daddy said shoot
He held me in his arms
And he taught me to be strong
He told me when he's gone
Here's what you do
Ooh
When trouble comes to town
And men like me come around
Oh, my daddy said shoot
OohDaddy made me fight
It wasn't always right
But he said, girl, it's your second amendment
He always played it cool
But daddy was no fool
And right before he died he said, "remember"He said, take care of your mother
Watch out for your sister
That's when daddy looked at meWith his gun, with his head held high
He told me not to cry
Oh, my daddy said shoot
With his right hand on his rifle
He swore it on the bible
Oh, my daddy said shoot
He held me in his arms
And he taught me to be strong
He told me when he's gone
Here's what you do
Ooh
When trouble comes to town
And men like me come around
Oh, my daddy said shoot
OohMy daddy warned me about men like you
He said, baby girl, he's playing you
He's playing you
My daddy warned me about men like you
He said, baby girl, he's playing you
He's playing youHe held me in his arms
And he taught me to be strong
He told me when he's gone
Here's what you do
When trouble comes to town
And men like me come around
Oh, my daddy said shoot
Oh, my daddy said shoot"

There's only one reason I keep the gun. An that's because of James. My step dad. He's evil, there's no there's no other way to put it than evil. Daddy would hate him.

And with that I stared into the sun rising thinking about Daddy.