Chapter 24: Journal

It's been about two weeks I think. But being stuck in this dark basement with no windows, it's hard to tell how many days I've been gone now. The newsie's actually came looking for me, I tried to scream, but the fabric tied around my head muffled any sound. I thought that maybe, just maybe, they aren't evil and cruel. But after what they did to me the night. There is one person though who isn't cruel at all to me. Night. He's one of the sweetest people I have ever met, I just wonder how he go into all this, this mess.

I honestly don't know how much longer I'll live. They're beating me all the time. Making my body weaker and weaker each time. They untied my hands from the pole, but my feet are still tied. Night brought me a journal so I could write everyday, like I was actually talking to the newsie's.

I pick up the journal, and open it to a blank page. I grab the pencil. I don't know what to write. Who do I write to? Finch. But I don't even have enough words to describe how much I love him.

Dear Finch,

There is not enough words in this world for me to be able to describe you and how much I love you. I'm not very good at writing letters about my feelings, so I wrote you this song instead. Think of me every time you hear it. Every time you sing it.

Oh, I'm obsessed
With the way your head is layin' on my chest
How you love the things I hate about myself
That no one knows, but with you, I see hope again
Oh, I'm a mess
When I overthink the little things in my head
You seem to always help me catch my breath
But then I lose it again
When I look at you, that's the end
And why do I get so nervous when I look into your eyes?
Butterflies can't stop me fallin' for you
And darlin', this is more than anything I felt before
You're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find
Someone who is worth the wait of all the years of my heartbreak
But I know now I found the one I love
And I love the way
You can never find the right things to say
And you can't sit still an hour in the day
I'm so in love, let's run away because us is enough
And why do I get so nervous when I look into your eyes?
And butterflies can't stop me fallin' for you
And darlin', this is more than anything I felt before
You're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find
Someone who is worth the wait of all the years of my heartbreak
But I know now I found the one
Come close, let me be home for anything
Good or bad, I know it's worth it, whoa
Whoa
And darlin', this is more than anything I felt before
You're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find
Someone who is worth the wait of all the years of my heartbreak
But I know now I found the one I love

I love you Finchy. I know I left you, and there is nothing I regret more in life than that, but I hope, no I pray that you'll forgive me. I hope you still love me. I hope you still care for me. But I know life moves on and that's what you had to do, I'll understand if you don't love or care for me anymore, I'll even understand if you don't even want to be in the same room as me. It's all my fault that we ended the way we did. So much was happening at once and I had to get out of there, that's no excuse I know that. I love you so, so, so, so much!

-Albert (Albie)

(P.S. Can you try and do one thing for me? Somehow get Ace and Morris to go on a date. I know it sounds weird, but just trust me.)

Love you Finch.

A single tear dropped onto the page, leaving a wet spot.  I love you Finch, I hope you know that. 

I sat there, hot tears streaming down my face. 

"Just take me now, take away my misery." I whispered, looking up at the ceiling. 

Another tear slipped down, but this time it was cold.

Cold and silent tears.

I have to admit, I cried writing that. Don't worry though, it's going to get happier later. Albert even ships Ace and Morris! I had to add that in, I just had to. Sorry for the short chapter. And the crappy writing!