27

I wake up the next day completely drained of any energy I have to go to school. Should I go? I'm not going to really miss anything and i'm doing good in all my classes, well, except french but I can't fix that now, not with my new rules set by mother dearest. I mean, it's already past my first class so might as well skip the next two

"Sky?" I hear his voice question as he scans the room once he sees me in my bed he continues, "Sky why aren't you in class, you never skip"

"I don't feel good" I lie not looking at those emerald eyes, I can't or ill break

"Do you need something?"

"no i'm fine just go back to your classes"

"fuck my classes I want to know why you aren't in school"

"I don't feel good and didn't want to go"

"are you hungry? I didn't see you eat at lunch yesterday and you weren't at dinner either"

"No, I'm fine you can go now"

If he stays another minute I won't be able to stop the tears forming in my eyes at the thought of pushing everyone away

"and leave the card"
"give it to me" I stick my hand out for him to put the card in, as if he can sense I'm being serious he puts the card into my hand not saying anything

"k now go"

Out of the corner of my eye I see him nod, running his hands through his fluffy brown hair and walking out

for some reason that hurt even more, pulling me over the edge I finally let out the sob i've been holding since he walked in

I just wish I was normal, a normal kid. I wouldn't have to worry about faking my identity for my safety, or watching out for people that want to kill me, or my parents caring more about their success than their daughter, I just wish I could live life without worrying.

After everything happened with Nico my family went down hill, My father locked himself in his study and at the little times he saw me he would take his anger out on the girl I was years ago. My mother left the country, busying herself with anything but facing the truth of the events. And I was left to take care of myself, to protect myself, James being my only source of happiness, it wasn't much but it kept me from slipping into the shadows, slowly becoming forgotten until I could end the misery, doing a favor to anyone that knew me.

My sobs slowly died down after about two hours, my brain clearing slowly after overflowing with thoughts on everything happening.

moving farther down on the bed my head crashed against the pillows spread across it, I stared at the ceiling for what could be mistaken for hours coming to an understanding that I will never have the simple life I long for.

"Sky, could you open the door?" I hear my best friends voices faintly question from the other side

"Sky, please"

I don't have the strength to talk to them right now, to look into their eyes, to face them, or ill think about him and how I can't be near him anymore.

Nuzzling my face farther into my pillows I try to drown out the noise of the people i've learned to love being around. I don't know how many more tears my pillow can take before its entirely wet.

"Why are you all standing here?" a new voice announces it's presents.

"Sky hasn't left her room all day, she skipped class too" I hear Aiyana's familiar voice

"she's still in there?"

"what do you mean still?"

"I came to check on her after first period"

"aww how cute"

"she has a boyfriend" the green eyed boy shoots at the brunette.
"Ill be right back" With each words the boys voice becomes even fainter than before.

A minute or so passes by before I hear his voice again.

"Could you give me a second with her?" I'm assuming he's asking Aiyana

Without a response from her I hear the door unlock, pushing my face deeper into the pillows on my bed I refuse to look at the boy.

"Princess, please look at me"

His voice is a reminder of the danger I could put my family in if he knew who I am, I've been lying to him, for three months i've kept my life a secret. I wish I didn't have to, but I do.

Letting the breathe go that I didn't know I was holding I slowly push myself up turning my body to be met with those emerald eyes that i've grown fond of.

"Princess" his voice is almost in a questioning tone as he laces his eye brows together frowning at the mess before him.

"Ace" I barely get out, my voice hoarse and my vision blurred.

I can't look at him anymore, it just hurts more, I gaze down at my feet in hope to ease the pain withheld on me although it doesn't work, the feeling of his arms wrapping around my tired body brings me to a breaking point, a sob escaping my lips.

"I'm here, I'm here for you"

Tears now stream down my face, I wrap my arms around his torso pulling him closer to me, the brunette resting his chin on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry" I whisper almost more to myself than the boy I really mean it towards.

"You have nothing to be sorry about princess," I feel his lips shortly press against my head soon returning to the position he held before.

I wish he was right, I wish I had nothing to be sorry about but I do, i'm lying to him and my friends constantly, they don't know me, they know Sky, and i'm not sky.

why is it fair that I must ruin all the friendships i've learned to love just because of an argument over a hotel chain? Why do I have to suffer at the fault of my father. Because the boy I want to be near most, is the boy that my parents believe could put me in danger.

Would he? Would Ace do that to me? After finding out i've been lying to him, maybe he would, maybe he would hurt me.

"Sky, talk to me, you're worrying me"

I pull away from the boy looking up at him to be met with eyes no longer hiding emotion but swimming with concern and worry.

"I wish I could explain, I really do, but, but I can't, I can't explain and i'm sorry"

"that's alright, but i'm here, i'm here whenever you're ready"

I nod my head in response knowing that if I did explain he wouldn't be there anymore, he may never want to see me again.

Don't think you guys understand how fucking happy it makes me that you're enjoying my story! Literally makes me smile reading your guy's comments
-Elle<3