Choosing

"Which of our Hashiras would you like to train with Miss." The Master asked. Bailey looked at the hashiras intently. "Let me introduce them. Our Flame Hashira: Kyojuro Rengoku. Whom I believe you have already met." The Master stated. Kyojuro stepped forward and inclined his head and said. "Miss. It is good to see you again." Bailey nodded to him and the master continued. "Our Insect Hashira: Shinobu Kocho." Shinobu smiled and waved. Bailey nodded in return. "Our Love Hashira: Mitsuri Kanroji." Bailey looked towards the hashira "Hi there." Mitsuri said sweetly. Bailey once again nodded "Our Serpent Hashira: Iguro Obanai." Iguro scoffed and looked away from Bailey and she ignored him in return. "Our Mist Hashira: Muichiro Tokito." Bailey saw the boy in front of her who was staring up at the sky and she gave a small smirk. "Our Sound Hashira: Uzui Tengen." Uzui gave her a flashy smile and Bailey nodded narrowing her eyes unimpressed with his flamboyant behavior. "Our Stone Hashira: Gyomei Himejima." Bailey was a bit surprised at the size of this man. "Namu Amida Butsu." Gyomei said to her and held his hands with his prayer beads. Bailey put her hands together and bowed her head to him. "Namu Amida Bustu." Bailey repeated in a soft and respectful tone which earned her a smile from Gyomei. "Our Water Hashira: Giyu Tomioka." Giyu nodded to her and she returned the nod. "And our Wind Hashira: Sanemi Shinazugawa who you already also." Sanemi nodded to Bailey and she glared daggers at him. Sanemi gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw. "Kyojuro Rengoku. I would be please to train with you." Bailey said dipping her head in respect. Kyojuro smiled brightly. "I accept with great honor." He said as he walked forward to stand next to Bailey. "The meeting is dismissed. Thank you all for coming. If you will come this way Miss we will have you pick your ore now." The Master said as the girls led him through a doorway. Bailey and Kyojuro followed behind. As she stared at the table that looked like it was filled with rocks she looked to her side to see Kyojuro standing with his arms crossed with a small smile. She picked one up and handed it to the girl at her side. "It will be about a week for your nichirin blade to be ready. Until then you will train on your swordsmanship with Mr. Rengoku." The girl said as she took the rock. Bailey nodded and turned walking out with Kyojuro following her. "Come this way. You will be staying with me since you are now my Tsuguko." Kyojuro said with his booming voice. "You're what?" Bailey asked with an eyebrow lifted at him. "Tsuguko. It's a student in training." Kyojuro explained and lead the way to his home. When they arrived Kyojuro asked his younger brother to get the first aid kit and he sat Bailey down. "I ordered the Kakushi to get a new outfit for you since this one was ruined by that demon last night." He said as he grabbed the first aid kit from his brother. "I remember the demon injured you. Let's patch it up." Kyojuro said sitting next to Bailey. "No need. It's was just a scratch." Bailey said 'Was? A scratch that caused that much blood?" Kyojuro thought as he stared at the blood stained area on Bailey's shirt. He decided not to pester her and nodded. "Forgive me. Miss." He said waiting for her to introduce herself. "Bailey." She said watching him closely. "What a unique name. Bailey. This is Senjuro my younger brother. My father is also here his name is Shinjuro." Kyojuro said and stood to his feet. "Are you hungry Bailey? I can make you and brother something to eat if you'd like." Senjuro asked. Bailey shook her head and stood. "I'm fine thanks. When do we start training?" Bailey said wanting to get started immediately. "Right! Follow me Bailey." Kyojuro said then him and Senjuro walked out to the front door with Bailey following after. "We will start these." Kyojuro said picking up two long wooden sticks and throwing on the Bailey. Bailey caught it effortlessly and twirled it gracefully in her fingers and blocked with it as Kyojuro swung his at her. "You're fast." Kyojuro said as he swung again. Bailey rolled her eyes at him. "Stop holding back." She said a bit irritated at the fact he was barely trying and she swung her stick with so much force it snap his in two when he blocked and Bailey quickly pulled hers away before it smacked into his head. "Well now I see you are not lacking in strength. Senjuro another please." Kyojuro said as he tossed the broken stick aside. Senjuro quickly return with another stick and handed it to his brother. Bailey's nose wrinkled as the smell of sake hit her nose. Turning towards the door was an older man who resembled the other two. 'That must be Shinjuro, their father.' Bailey thought as the man stared at her with a sake jug in his hand. Bailey furrowed her brows as he turned and walked away. "I shall not hold back this time!" He said speeding towards her. Bailey was surprised to see how fast Kyojuro ran at her. As their wooden sticks collided Bailey used one hand to hand against Kyojuro as he used both of his no holding back as he said. As Bailey pushed him back he slid to a stop. "Your form is great! You won't need much training from what I can see. Let's see your movements. Come at me." Kyojuro said enthusiastically. Bailey sped forward fast than Kyojuro had ran swinging her sword gracefully surprise that Kyojuro was blocking each swing. Hours went by as they kept training until the sun was nearly setting. "Amazing! You should definitely be ready before your nichirin blade is delivered." Kyojuro said proudly. Bailey nodded and smirked a bit. "Tomorrow we will work on your breathing. I'm confident you can master total concentration: constant." Bailey smirked. Bailey sniffed the air and began to walk away. "Where are you headed Bailey?" Kyojuro asked as he watched her walk away. "I'm going to find a hot spring." Bailey said "I'm afraid there isn't a hot spring near by. But if you would like to bathe we have a tub here and the Kakushi also brought you new clothes while we were training. I'll draw you a bath right away." Senjuro said with a smile. Bailey smiled back. "Thank you Senjuro." She said before he turned and left. "Bailey I have a question. Last night when you were injured. You said it was just a scratch but the amount of dried blood on your clothes seems as if the wound was deeper than what you're saying. If you don't mind I would like to bandage it for you." Kyojuro said. Bailey stiffened a bit. "It's alright I can bandage it myself after I bathe." She said quickly not wanting him to know that the wound was completely healed. Kyojuro nodded in agreement and lead Bailey inside when he heard Senjuro call for them. "The bath is in there. I will set up a bed for you. So that you can rest after we've had dinner." Senjuro said before walking away. Bailey went in and got into the bath. Kyojuro walked by seeing the door cracked he went to close it when his eye caught sight of Bailey's bare shoulders her hair was pulled up exposing her entire upper back. 'It's gone. The wound that the demon gave her is completely gone.' He thought to himself as he slid the door close. Bailey turned her head looking towards the door. "Bailey the door was ajar I've closed it all the way for you." Kyojuro said and started to walk away to his room. Calling his Kasugai crow to him he quickly wrote two letters and attached each to the crows legs. "Deliver this one immediately to The Master it's to inform him of the progress Bailey has made. The other deliver to Shinazugawa." Kyojuro said and his Kasugai crow set off.
At Sanemi's home Kyojuro's crow landed on the pouch next to where Sanemi was sitting untying the letter he quickly read the contents of the letter. 'Impossible. I saw how bad that wound was. There's no way it has healed yet.' Sanemi thought to himself as he gritted his teeth and crumpled the letter in his hand. Sensing his upset behavior Kyojuro's crow returned to its master.
Kyojuro, Senjuro, Shinjuro and Bailey all sat and ate silently. Shinjuro stared at Bailey. "Do you plan on becoming a Hashira girl?" Shinjuro asked causing Bailey to scoff. Bailey stared back at the man. "No. I have no intention of doing that." Bailey replied surprising Shinjuro. "If you're not planning on becoming a Hashira then why are you training?" Shinjuro asked a bit irritated as he sees the potential in her when Kyojuro and her were training. "I was asked to train by the Master of the Demon Slayer Corps. I never intended to train nor did I have any intention of helping." Bailey said standing and walking towards the door. Kyojuro stood and followed after her. But by the time he reached the door Bailey was gone.