Encounter

Bailey sped fast through the forest tears running down her cheeks and anger filling her head but her heart ached. "Why Kyojuro?! Why?" She sobbed clenching her chest.
"Why do you look so distraught?" An unfamiliar voice asked. Looking around Bailey saw a pair of red eyes watching her from the tree line. "Who the hell are you?" She asked readying herself for a fight. The man in front of her smirked stepping forward. "Who the hell are you?" Bailey asked again but this time more fierce. "Why is it you wish to know my name? Do I frighten you?" He asked his voice tauntingly low. Bailey narrowed her eyes at him. "Your stench is disgusting. You smell as if you're already dead. I simply want to know the name of the walking corpse in front of me." Bailey said as she wrinkled her face in disgust. Anger spread across the man's face veins protruded around his eyes. "Is that so?" He said speeding towards her. Bailey unsheathed her nichirin blade holding it in front of her. "So you are a slayer then." He said and Bailey scoffed. "No I'm not." She said as she swung the blade at him. He backed away quickly. Lost in thought she sensed someone behind her and instantly turned around and put her nichirin blade to their throat in one smooth move. "Bailey?" Sanemi's hands grabbed her arms to stop her. 'Damn it! He disappeared' "Why are you following me?" She said as her eyes glowed dangerously. "Why the hell would I follow you? I'm on a mission going to the village about a days walk from here." He scoffed at her. Bailey sheathed her sword and turned on her heel. "Wanna go kill a demon?" Sanemi asked as he watched her stop mid stride. "Yes. I definitely need to kill something." She said 'Since the other got away. Him and his scent are completely gone.' She thought as she waited for him to fall into step beside her. They walked for half a day until they reached a house of wisteria for resting. Sanemi was placed in one room and her in another. She relaxed knowing that this was a place of peace. The door slid open and the man who lived at the home brought in food and fresh clothes. "The bath is almost ready Miss." he said bowing his head. "Please enjoy your dinner before you get into the bath." Bailey nodded and looked at the food placed in front of her. She picked at it a little then went to her bath to soak in the water. Her body ached badly. The hot water soothed her aching limbs and the scent of lavender and wisteria made the atmosphere very relaxing. "Would you like the doctor to check out your body for injuries?" The host asked her after she was dried off and dressed. Bailey shook her head denying to see the doctor. After the man left she could hear Sanemi bickering with the doctor about the injuries he has and the doctor purposely poking the wounds to prove his point. She rolled her eyes at the stubbornness of her traveling companion. As the bickering continued Bailey got up and walked to the room the two were in. "Sanemi. Just let him dress your wounds or I will do it and trust me you don't want me to do it." She said from the other side of the sliding door. Quickly Sanemi let the doctor dress his wounds and give him a rundown of medical advise that he didn't even listen to. "Your girlfriend is quite persuasive." The doctor said to Sanemi making him turn bright red. "No! She not..." Sanemi started to say before he heard Bailey scoffed and walked out to the front. A feeling of uneasiness crept it's way into her chest. Bailey laid down on the mat for rest and closed her eyes. "Bailey!" The echo of a voice she hadn't heard in a long time made her jump up in surprise. "Bailey!" She heard again. "Where are you?!" She yelled tears welling in her eyes. Bailey slid the door open following the voice. Once outside all she saw was a blinding bright light. She walked out and looked around frantically. Sniffing the air trying to find the scent. "Bailey." The tears fell from her eyes. "You're not real. This isn't real." She turned to see the empty space behind her. Bailey's eyes burst open. "It was a dream." She mumbled to herself. "Hey can you quit the yelling!" Sanemi's voice yelled from the other room. Bailey rolled her eyes staring up at the ceiling and groaned in irritation.