Horny for Mateo

10 

Emmy

I bounced into the condo with Mateo behind me. Otto came waddling over and I gave his head a good scruff. "I'm in the clear. Mateo, I am in the clear. No more bruises to tend to or sprained body parts." I bounced up and down and he chuckled, wrapping me up in his arms. He gave the best hugs and I melted into his arms as he engulfed me.

"It only took until the beginning of May, because of the cleaning you did which gave you stress fractures, but yes you are clear." I rolled my eyes when he said cleaning, because it did happen. I was cleaning and renovating and making sure the inside of the gym was good, except my dad's office, and it is. Everything inside is ready to go. Outside we are still working on it. Gino and I ordered a new sign which should be here and put up in about a week.

"I've been thinking about calling my old trainer. I know he's still around because I've been following him. I was hoping Mitch and Terry would come back to the gym... what do you think?"

"I hope they do. They are talented at what they do teaching wise, and you worked well with them. The three of you were a cohesive team." I nodded at his words and grinned up at him.

"Oh I can't wait to get into shape and have the space open and..." I searched his face and bit my lip.

"What?"

"Nothing I ... I won't be competing again. And I knew that! I did. So don't give me that look." I sighed and leaned against the kitchen counter. "I just... I was hoping I'd feel happier about all the changes, and I do feel happy, but I don't feel the joy or the spark I did when I knew I won a competition."

"That feeling is different. You won't ever get that feeling again. You'll always chase it and try to get it, but let it live as it is. Remember the good out of it rather than trying to waste energy on recreating it." I blinked up at him and nodded slowly. Those were some great remarks.

"Okay, well I'm going to take a little bubble bath and head to bed. Your dad is supposed to be here tomorrow. He's flying down for the day." Mateo nodded and I smiled at him before making my way to the separate bath on my end of the condo. I got everything I needed and slid into the hot bathtub. I sighed in content and rested my head against the towel I put between me and the harsh tub.

I spent a few minutes relaxing and feeling the bubbly sensation of being able to do whatever I want now. I felt free when the doctor told me I was good to go. I felt like the past January had nothing to hold onto me anymore. I can let it go.

I called the girls to catch up and they filled me in on a lot of things. I missed being able to just have Hailey in the bathroom with me while I was in the tub or vice versa. It was a bonding thing that made Hailey and I really close. I shut her out for a few days after the attack but she managed to see past all my bullshit and be real with me. She's the only one, besides Tia, who has told me about life as it is.

When my dad died, Tia was there for me the whole time. She was my roommate but she also was my best friend. My dad said that if spirit sister were a thing it would be in the form of Tia and I. She was there when I made the decision to put away my boxing gear and not look back. She told me that the door is closed for now, but it doesn't always need to be.

"When I have the opening, you are definitely coming to town right?"

"Of course, we wouldn't miss it."

After my bath I put on an old Ohio State shirt. It was two sizes two big, which I liked because all I needed under it was a pair of underwear. I usually sleep in boyshort style so they don't ride up my ass when I'm sleeping. It's so uncomfortable waking up in the morning to pee and having to rip your underwear out from you.