5- In the morn'

1st Person

When I woke up in the morning, the sun was already fully in the sky, and Mirabel wasn't in the room. I stretch and grunt and eventually sit up and put my glasses on.

Before leaving the room, I change into the same clothes from last night and gather my things in my bag. I put it on and walk out the nursery, looking for the Madrigals. As I turned a corner, I almost bumped into Dolores who was talking to Bruno.

"Oh, I was looking for you. Thank you very much for your hospitality. Please tell the rest of your family that I'm really grateful for letting me stay the night. And for dinner! I'll be going now, see you around.", I bow a little toward both of them and quickly leave the casita.

I was practically speed walking back to my car, half expecting it to be scratched and dented.

The sheer relief I felt when it was still there when I got to it was immeasurable. Nothing seemed out of place, other than a dozen or so hand prints along the side and on the windows, but that wasn't a big deal. I unlocked the car and climbed inside, leaning into the seat with hands on the steering wheel. It wasn't just the car I was worried about. My entire livelihood was in this car. The back was stuffed with bags and suitcases of clothes and knickknacks.

After sitting there for a few minutes, I turn on the ignition and slowly drive toward the field I'd seen before, being extra careful not to run anyone over or bump into any donkey driven carts on my way.

—time skip just cuz—

2nd person

Two hours later, you'd finished unloading the things you'd need and setting up your camp. You'd realize when you got there, that if you drove a little further into the forest beyond the field, you'd come to a smaller field that was close to a river. And in your eyes, that was a better place to settle. Your car was parked in the shade of a large tree, and your tent was set up close to it.
Your tent was personalized and once you'd finished putting everything together inside, it looked like a mini bedroom: with a small cot for a bed, a tiny dresser with drawers, a mirror, an inflated lounge chair, a small round table, and a few small wooden crates as seats.

On the table you'd scattered maps, trying to find the Encanto on any of them. You also had a satellite radio tuned to the first station it picked up on, which was some sort of talk show.
After half an hour of not finding anything about the town in any map or after a quick google search, you decide to give up.
How'd you get Wi-Fi in the middle of a forest?
There was a very strong, omnidirectional antenna on top of your car that you could pull up and it would pick up and receive the reception of a cell phone tower from any direction, and then it would go through something called a booster module and then many more intricate and not so intricate machines, and eventually you could get three or four bars. (This is a real thing, so I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly. It's basically a way to get wi-fi in places where you wouldn't normally get it or the signal's reeeeallllly weak.)

Seeing as you were regularly driving through forests and backwoods, you had to have some way to keep in touch with the outside world.

A/N
There are solar powered batteries that'll then charge your phone and other electronics, so that's how you keep your stuff charged. 😌