21- A Great Start

Y/N's POV

'So maybe I got a bit too excited...'

Well, that's what I was telling myself as I took a seat on the fountain. It was currently 7:50, so I was only ten minutes early. The sun was setting and the sky was such a pretty shade of orange. I hope I don't look too eager being this early. Maybe I could have spent a little longer getting ready. I turn around and face the water in the fountain, using it as a mirror. Naw, I look as cute as ever.

Well, my hair could use a little fixing. The walk here was a little windy.

I was fixing my hair the best I can with just my hands, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I see my date for the night. Luisa was all dressed up in a gorgeous blue dress with a simple, cutesy flower pattern. It complimented her eyes so perfectly. Also her muscles. Buff woman in dress go brrr.

"Hey Y/n! I guess we're both a little early, huh?", she chuckled. "You didn't wait long, did you?"

I snap out of my stupefied state before I started drooling and shake my head. "No, no! Not at all. Just got here, myself. Uhhhm. You look...hot."

Luisa blushes and twirls a strand of her hair. It was tied half up with a blue flower tucked behind her ear. She was so fricking pretty! Ughh! I think I'd be perfectly happy if we just stood there and I got to stare at her all night.

I hear her clear her throat and watch as she looks away briefly. "You look really ho— pReTty too."

I feel my heart skip a beat and I can't help it as a happy grin spreads across my face.
I clear my throat and look away before I creep her out with how much I'm smiling. Standing up, I brush down my clothes and then slide my hand into her's. "So what's on the itinerary for tonight?", I ask excitedly.

I notice the excitement in Luisa's eyes as she starts to explain. It's adorable, to say the very least. "It's a surprise picnic!", she exclaimed.
It took her a second to register, but her excitement quickly faded into embarrassment and disappointment as she realized that she'd ruined the surprise part.

She covered her face with her free hand and groaned quietly. "I'm so sorry. You weren't supposed to know that."

I laughed lightly, I didn't think it was a big deal. In fact, I thought it was really cute that she was so excited that she ruined the surprise. But feeling Luisa's hold on my hand loosen as she tried to pull it away, I start to think that maybe this was a little more serious than I thought it was.

"Hey, it's okay! I'm still really surprised! I think a picnic is really romantic, Luisa. And I can still be surprised when we get there!", I assured her as I gave her hand a firm squeeze.

"But it won't be the same...", she mumbled dejectedly.

"No.. but it might be even better?", I offer hopefully. "C'mon, lead the way. We don't want the food getting cold, do we?", I nudge her with my hip, trying to get her to smile again.

She does, but it's small and forced, and fades as soon as she looks away. Still, she does start walking toward wherever she'd set up the picnic.

I recognized the path we were taking. We were going up to the ol' donkey cliff. Luisa's lil getaway. But I didn't want to say anything, in case it made Luisa feel worse.

As we got closer, I started to see the gorgeous picnic set up Luisa had out for us. There was a red and white picnic blanket right under the single tree up on that cliff and it overlooked the horizon as the sun was just barely beginning to set on the mountains.

I knew we were going on a picnic, but I was still genuinely surprised at how...perfect it looked!

"Did you set this up? It looks beautiful!", I tell her as I look up at her. "Thank you for doing all this!" I bring her hand up to my lips and press a brief peck onto the back of her hand.

That seems to pull her out of her funk as she's smiling and blushing again. "Yeah, I'm glad you like it! And it's nothing special, you don't have to thank me."

I shake my head no, and pull her toward the picnic, "Nothing special? Luisa, this is going to be one of those nights I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. So I don't know about you, but this is definitely something special to me." I finally let go of her hand and sit down on the blanket. "So, what's on the menu?"

___________
A/N
Hiiiii! I'm not dead lol! Physically.
Emotionally...
Anywhoooo
Thank you to everyone who's still here and to all my new readersss!! Mwah- love y'all <3333
I'll start updating more consistently again, so stick around for more shenanigans 🙏🙇