8- Party Planning

Luisa's POV

I watched her walk away and then looked down at the towel.

'What just happened?'

After standing there, star-struck and cold for a few long seconds, I turn and walk back to the casita. I did end up using the towel to dry myself as I walked, and I made a mental note to give it back to y/n when I saw her next.

I walked into the casita, still a little dazed, and looked around for abuela.

"So, dinner tomorrow with y/n, hm?", Dolores asks, popping up behind me.

I jolt in surprise, but nod in response.

Just then, Camilo slides down the stairs that had turned into a ramp with the help of Casita. "Who's having dinner with y/n?"

"I am.", I tell him quietly while trying to make my way to abuela. I had to tell her I was done with my chores for today.

"I wanna have dinner with y/n.", a smaller voice chirps in. I look down to see Antonio on Parce, his jaguar.

"We're having dinner with y/n? Well where is she?", Mirabel asks as she walks past us with a basket full of flowers in her arms.

"No no, tomorrow and-"

"Y/N's having dinner with us tomorrow? I was just thinking we should throw a party for her.", tía Pepa exclaims as she joins the conversation.

"Yes! A party! Cause she's the Encanto's first visitor, right?"

"Exactly! That seems like a cause to celebrate, no?"

"If we're having a party, then we'll have music and dancing.", Felix walks into the room with his usual warm smile and slides his hands into Pepa's. Then he begins dancing while singing a simple tune, Pepa joins him soon enough.

"In that case, I'll start preparing something for tomorrow.", mamá says from the doorway to the kitchen. She looked happy, but extremely tired.

I shake my head quickly, trying to shut this party idea down, "You don't have to, ma! I'm-" I was cut off by pa as he put his hands on mamá's shoulders.

"Luisa's right, mi amor! We can get catering.", he tells her and pecks her on the cheek.

That was not what I meant.

Dolores gave me a sympathetic look and a pat on the back as the rest of the family went into detail about y/n's party that was now happening tomorrow night. Tomorrow night when I was supposed to be taking her out for dinner, just the two of us.
But maybe she'd like this more. There's that saying, the more the merrier, right? Plus, who wouldn't like a party being thrown in their honor?
If I think about it, I'm sure things would've been awkward if it was just the two of us anyways. This was probably for the best.

I sigh quietly and say my good nights before dragging myself up to my bedroom. Forget talking to abuela. Between taking care of the Encanto and the emotional roller coaster I just got off of with y/n, I was dog-tired.
As I reached my glowing door, Isabela walked out of her's.

"Ah Luisa. Dolores told me about your date. Hopefully you're not too nervous.", she teased, walking toward the stairs.

"Date?!" I must've said that a little too loud, because now Isabela was looking at me, concerned.  I cleared my throat and tried not to think about the blood rushing to my head. "It wouldn't be a date. It was supposed to be an apology dinner. But now it's an apology-slash-welcome party, so...that's great.", I trail into a mumble and walk into my room.

This was fine. What might've been my first date is now just another party. But this was fine. I'm sure it'll be a great party, and hopefully I'll still get to talk to y/n. We might even get to dance together.

That'd be nice...