Chapter 2: Class President

Chapter 2

"Can you see me?" I asked a bit nervous because this might offend him if my deduction was right.

"What do you think?" He raised his hand and touched my face.

"N-No," I replied a bit anxious because of his hand caressing my face like he was memorizing every detail of it.

I don't know why he was doing that but I just let him do what he want. Maybe he had purpose. But no matter what it was, I don't know it. Hoping only that it was for good. I gasped some air when he held my body to hold me in place and buried his face on my neck. I was stiffened and cannot even move. I felt him sniffing me.

"You smells like vanilla-honey," he whispered before letting me go.

"W-Why did you do that?"

"I was just trying to memorize every single detail in you so I can easily recognize you."

"Oh, I didn't know that you're interested about me."

"Nah, I'm not."

"Then why do you want to easily recognize me huh?"

"To know if you're around so I can distance myself from you, Miss."

I was about to speak when the dog earlier came. His hand went to the dog's head and rubbed it gently down to its back.

"Why would you-"

"You're a walking disaster, Miss." He stood up and held the dog's leash. "I can smell chaos in you."

"What did you say?" I felt insulted of what he said.

"Leave," he said in a cold tone before entering in a door with his dog.

I was left dumbfounded.

"Ms. Conzego," pagtawag ng pamilyar na boses kaya mabilis akong napapihit paharap dito. "May tinapos lang akong importanteng meeting kaya natagalan."

"Here's my promisorry note po." Inabot ko iyon at tahimik naman niyang binasa iyon.

Well, I don't think binasa nga niya. Maybe the first three sentences. But the rest? She just scanned that with her eyes for sure. Tiningnan nito ang ibabaw ng side table at hinila ang drawer na para bang may hinahanap doon.

"I just put that here."

"My phone?"

"Yes. Gosh! Where is it now?"

"Nasa kaniya po." Kumunot ang noo nito dahil sa sinabi ko. "Iyong masungit na binatilyo."

"Oh, him. Wait kukunin ko lang. Maupo ka muna d'yan." Umalis siya at nang makabalik ay dala na nito ang phone ko. "Here's your phone, Ms. Conzego. And please lang ayoko ng mapunta pa sa akin iyan."

"Edi huwag mo kunin." Sasabihin ko sana pero huwag na dahil baka magbago isip at isumbong pa ako kay Mommy.

"Thank you po, Ma'am Azcarra. Hindi na po ako ulit magsi-cellphone sa oras ng klase."

"I'm hoping for that, Ms. Conzego."

"Uhm, tanong ko lang po sana. Sino po iyong lalake kanina na kumuha ng phone ko?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Medyo nagkasagutan po kasi kami kanina. Just a small fight. I told him po kasi na phone ko iyon pero ayaw niyang maniwala tapos sobrang sungit."