From Deep in the Shadows

Miss Fairweather and her team had been working on the titanium and gold morphers for quite some time now. They hoped that the rangers would be able to use them against the demons that were still threatening Mariner Bay. Today was the day they will be tested. Everyone's fingers are crossed that they will work. Her, Captain Mitchell, and the most of the rangers, minus Joel, watch on as Carter puts on the Titanium Morpher.

"Here we go," she says to Carter. Joel came rushing into the room right as Carter nods.

He presses the button to activate the morpher and says "Titanium power." Electricity immediately shoots through Carter making him unable to move. He grunts in pain while the morph tries to stabilize. He suddenly bends forward before finally collapsing onto one knee and gasping for breath.

"Carter, are you okay?!" Miss Fairweather shouts in concern. The rest of the rangers run over trying to check on him.

"Yeah. I'm okay," Carter says, still breathless.

The gold morpher was designed the same as the titanium morpher. If that's what happens when someone tries to use the titanium morpher, what would happen if someone tries to use the gold one? Deciding they don't want to find out, Captain Mitchell and Miss Fairweather decide to stop testing before making their way to his office.

Once there, Miss Fairweather slams her hand holding the morphers on the desk in front of Captain Mitchell before standing back up.

"I don't we should continue testing the titanium and gold powers. The circuitry is too powerful for an ordinary human." She turned and started walking out the door.

Captain Mitchell picks up the morphers. "They would have been fantastic."

Miss Fairweather pauses. "Yes. They truly would have. Good night, Captain."

He gets up from his desk, opens the safe in the wall, and places both morphers inside before closing the door and locking it. He sits back down in his chair and places the safe keys back in the top drawer of desk. Noticing the picture in the drawer, he picks it up and looks at it sadly. In the picture stood a younger Captain Mitchell holding a little blonde girl in one arm while the other was holding the hand of a dirty blond boy who looked just a little bit older than the girl. To the right of the boy was another dirty blonde girl that looked the same age as him. She was holding on to her brother and all four were smiling at the camera. Hearing a knock on his door, the captain quickly put the picture back in his desk before giving the person who knocked permission to enter.

Dana opens the door with a smile on her face and holding what looks like a birthday cake with 20 candles on it. "It's me, dad!"

"Dana, it's midnight. What are you doing here?" Then he notices the cake."I can't believe you remembered," he says as Dana walks over to his desk and places the cake on top.

"Well I was too young to remember much about my big brother and sister, but I do know that Ryan and Clara would have been 20 today. So we'll celebrate like we always do!" She finishes as she lit all the candles. "C'mon, we both have to make a wish."

They closed their eyes for a second before blowing out the candles together.

"What did you wish for?" Captain Mitchell asked his daughter.

"I bet we wished for the same thing," Dana starts sadly as she walks over to the fish tank and peers inside at the fish. "That the car crash had never happened. And that Ryan and Clara were still here."

"We can't change the past, can we?" He stands up and walks over to Dana. "I have another wish. I wish, whatever happens, that you always know that I love you." They hug each other tightly before leaving to go to bed for the night.