Ocean Blue

~A couple days later~

All of the rangers and Captain Mitchell are in the meeting room with a replica of the Aquabase and the ocean floor around it.

"Rangers," Captain Mitchell says.

"Do we know where the break is?" Carter asks him.

"We have detected a small rockslide here," Captain Mitchell answers and points to the area on the replica. "The video cables pass close by. That's when they must have been damaged. What I need you to do," he addresses Chad, "is to swim over from Base Unit over to the Southwest Tower, find any breaks, make any necessary repairs."

"Don't worry, sir. I'll take care of it," Chad tells him.

"Excellent. We'll monitor you from rescue ops."

A soft thump sounds on the wall and everyone looks over to see what caused it. Leaning on the wall is Clara who looks like she's about to fall asleep standing against the wall.

"Clara," Captain Mitchell walks over to her and tries to get her attention. "Clara!" He shakes her shoulder.

"Hm," she shoots up onto her feet and looks at her father startled. Calming down, she slumps over again.

"Are you alright? You look exhausted."

"Yeah, I just haven't gotten much sleep recently." It's true. It's been four days since Clara has gotten a full night's sleep and it is clearly showing. She's almost always half asleep and keeps making simple mistakes that she wouldn't normally make. When anyone asks her if something's wrong, she always says that she's fine and continues with whatever it was she was doing before.

"I can see that. Why don't you go get some rest. We can handle things here," Captain Mitchell tells her.

"No. I can help," she insists.

"No. Go rest. That's an order."

"Alright," she relutctantly agrees and leaves the room.

They watch her leave before continuing with their own mission. Clara goes back to her room, sits down on her couch, and leans her head back to stare up at the ceiling. She knows that she can't sleep or Abigor will attack her again and she'll just be more exhausted than she was before. Knowing that she can't keep this up for much longer, she decides to tell the rangers and get some help. She goes down to the diving pool just in time to see Kelsey and Carter jump in the pool to get the unconcious Chad. They pull him out of the pool and rush him to the infirmary where they stay with him until he wakes up a little bit later.

"He's coming around," Dana tells them.

"Hey," Kelsey says gently and sits down on the edge of his bed. "You really scared us."

"What happened out there?" Joel asks.

"Some rocks fell," Chad says. His brow furrows as he tries to remember what exactly happened to him. "I was pinned down and then... somebody pulled me free." He pauses before mumbling, "that's impossible."

The rangers all exchange confused and worried looks.

"What's impossible," Kelsey asks him.

"Nothing," Chad shrugs it off.

"Chad," Carter says. "You were the only one out there."

"Come on, guys. He needs his rest," Dana tells them and they all leave. Kelsey turns off the lights and the door closes behind her.

Once they get a few steps down the hall, Clara stops them.

"Hey, guys. There's something I need to tell you," she says a little nervously. "I know it's kind of a bad time with Chad and everything but it's important."