The Cobra Strikes

The next morning Ms. Fairweather is using one of her tools to examine the cobra on Ryan's back. He's sitting on his bed and all around doing better than he was yesterday.

"Well?" Ryan asks Ms. Fairweather.

"Sorry, Ryan. I've never seen anything like it. It should be fine as long as you don't morph." With that she leaves the infirmary.

Ryan looks over his shoulder to the bed behind him. Worry is written all over his face. Clara still hasn't woken up yet and he's starting to get worried.

The alarms start blaring and the rangers rush through the halls to Ops. They pass Ryan who comes out of the infirmary.

"What's going on?" he shouts after them.

Joel turns around for a second. "Diabolico is back." He takes off after the rangers and Ryan follows takes a step to follow them.

"Don't even think about it," Ms. Fairweather says, stopping Ryan in his tracks. "Get some rest."

He turns around and walks to his room. Ms. Fairweather watches him go back in before heading off to Ops herself.

Ryan does everything he can to try and distract himself from the current situation but nothing's working. He closes the book in his hands and taps his fingers on the cover rapidly while trying to make a decision. He springs up from his bed and turns on the screen in his room to watch the rangers fight. They are clearly struggling against Troika, the fused being of Demonite, Falkar, and Thunderon.

Having lost, the rangers escape the battle and return to the Aquabase. There, they are met by Captain Mitchell.

"Is everyone alright?" he asks before they even have a chance to leave the Rover.

"Yeah, we're okay," Kelsey tells him.

Joel hops out of the back and rubs his arm. "We sure got our butts kicked out there." All six of them walk through the halls. "We were barely able to beat those three monsters separately."

"I don't know how we're going to do it with their powers combined," Carter says.

"Dana!" Ryan calls out stopping his sister. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah," she tries to reassure him but Ryan can clearly see the dirt and bruises on her face. "Don't worry about us. Has Clara woken up yet?"

"No," he says concerned.

"Well, you should get some rest and visit with her," Dana says, gives him a nod, and continues after the other rangers.

He watches them walk off. The frustration in him grows until he throws his hand down at his side. The worry for his twin not helping either.

"Man, I'm useless like this!" he slams his hands again the wall. "Somehow I've got to stop those cobras by myself. Clara would come with me but she's still unconcious."

With newfound determination, he climbs up the ladder and heads out to the desert, not telling anyone where he is going. Dana voices her concern to the other rangers when she can't find him in the base.

"Has anyone seen Ryan?" Dana asks as she walks into the meeting room with the other rangers, Ms. Fairweather, and Captain Mitchell.

"He's supposed to be resting," Captain Mitchell replies.

"He isn't. I've looked everywhere. And that's not all," she pauses, "Clara's missing too."

Everyone looks shocked and worried since none of them knew she had woken up yet. Heck, Ryan didn't know she had woken up yet. However, before they could do anything, they were alerted that the Troika monster was back in the city.