chapter 1

Jina grunted, raising a hand to run it through her messy hair. She got up suddenly from her position on the floor, eyes widening as she took in the unfamiliar room she was in. Spotting her brother in the corner of her eye, she walked over to him and crouched, shaking him awake.

"Huh?" Jihyung said sleepily, shoving her and groaning.

"Get up, Jih, come on..." Jina said, nudging him once more.

"Okay, okay, I'm up. What?"

"What do you mean– what? I have no clue where we are!" That seemed to do the trick, Jihyung standing up straight and growing quickly nervous once more.

"Ugh, Jina, why the hell did you mess with that machine?"

"Now's no time for blaming Jihyung, we have to get back home, I'm pretty sure it's already nighttime."

Jihyung fisted his hair, looking out of a nearby window and then frowned, "Hey, this place looks familiar?"

Jina's eyes went wide in recognition and she smiled. "You're right! I think we're home already?"

Jihyung nodded, relief clouding over his face as he opened the door of the room they had been occupying. "Ah, thank god, I was so worried for a minute."

"So that machine was a teleportation device? Why on earth was it in the science room? That means people can enter here whenever they want!" Jina said confusedly, wandering behind Jihyung.

"Huh, I've never seen this part of the compound. And yeah- that is kind of weird. The headquarters are normally secure."

The two stopped at an elevator, hoping to reach the top floor and crash on their beds. The touchpad in the center of the lift seemed different to that morning, but Jihyung ignored it, placing his finger on the pad when it asked for fingerprint recognition.

"Access denied." The machine stated in its robotic voice, causing Jihyung to frown.

"What? We have full clearance!"

"Hold on, let me try." Jina said, placing her finger on the pad.

"Access denied." The machine said again, this time louder.

"What the-"

"Hello? Who's there?" Came a voice from behind the pair, the person using a phone as a flashlight in the fairly dark hallway. The voice was eerily familiar, and caused goosebumps to form on Jihyung's arms as he turned around, Jina following suit. His jaw dropped as he saw who it was, looking quickly at Jina for confirmation as she gaped. It was a man, most likely in his 20's wearing a leather jacket and baggy jeans, his white shirt peeking out from the front. His hair was light brown and his features were stern as he looked at the siblings. "Who are you guys?"

Jina gulped, and then said, "We're- uh- agents. We were just recruited." She looked at her brother nervously as the man put on a light beside them.

"What? Namjoon didn't inform me of any new recruits." The man said, looking at them suspiciously.

"Um- we were meant to arrive a few days later, but Mr. Kim said we could move into the compound tonight." Jina said, slightly more confidently.

"Are you sure? He doesn't arrive till tomorrow."

"That must be why our fingerprints don't work." Jina said hesitantly, attempting to appear much more put-together than she was feeling. "He said he'd give us a full tour when he's back."

"Did he say anything else?" The man looked at Jina and Jihyung expectantly, the corners of his mouth forming a straight line. Jina recognized this tone, it sounded planned and robotic....almost as if he were asking for a password. That must be it, a code of some kind!

Aha, she'd got it! "Something about....international playboy?" Jina said, praying that was the right answer.

The man visibly relaxed and then grimaced, "I knew he'd tell everyone about that. Although it is a memorable password. Ah- well, I should introduce myself. I'm Jeon Jungkook, welcome to the Bulletproof Headquarters."

Jihyung snapped out of his gaze and said, "I'm Jihyung."

Jina followed his lead, saying, "I'm Jina."

Jungkook gave them a smile, "Nice to meet you. I'll help you out with this for now." He placed his finger on the pad and the elevator doors opened. Allowing the siblings to enter first, Jungkook followed them into the lift and leaned back onto one of the railings. "Agents are on the third floor, by the way, I'm hoping Namjoon at least got a room prepared."

Jina played with her fingers as she nodded, what seemed to be a million thoughts clouding over her mind.

"Here's your stop." Jungkook said to the siblings, who looked up from their awkward fidgeting and bowed, thanking him.

"Sorry about bothering you, good night." Jihyung said, to which Jungkook gave a nonchalant wave. The pair exited the elevator waiting in silence till they saw Jungkook leave the elevator on the topmost floor, entering a lounge.

"Okay- what the hell is going on? Am I hallucinating, I don't understand-" Jina began, waving her hands around as they walked through the hallways of the third floor.

"I would try to calm you down, but I'm baffled, Jina." Jihyung said, peeking into a bedroom and then exhaling when he saw that it was empty. "Come on, get in."

"You saw that right? It was Dad! Only, like way younger! He looks so different!"

"This has to be a prank, we saw Dad only this morning! His hair was different, and he was obviously much older."

"Jihyung- look at this." Jina pointed to a calendar beside one of the beds in the room.

"What about it? It's a calendar, Jina."

"No, you idiot. Look at the year- 2022."

________________________________________________________________________________

chapter 1! I hope this one was slightly more interesting than the prologue lol.