chapter 9

"Good morning." Jungkook cleared his throat, receiving a chorus of greetings from the officers. "Officer Park and I are leading the group on a hostage mission three days from now, today is your brief. Now, we have elected to take 25 in total, with 15 staying back for intel. All frontline officers are coming, meaning there are ten spots available. Some of you, we have our eye on already. For the rest of you, this is your chance. Beta squad will be there in totality, so we Officer Min and Jung and looking for 5 tech workers as well."

"Today, we are working on skills you'll need for the mission, including target practice, man to man, running and not drawing attention to yourself." Jimin added. "Open your phones, you'll see the station you're up for first."

"Hey Kook." Someone said as the agents dispersed, and Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed when he realised it was Lisa.

"Lisa?" He said, watching Jimin sigh and leave out of the corner of his eye. "Why are you back already?"

"That upset, huh?" Lisa rolled her eyes, then laughed. "You know how efficient I am, Captain." She touched his collar with a flirty smile and Jungkook coughed.

"Place of work, Lisa. Come on."

"Right, see you tonight?" She smiled and exited the room, and Jungkook threw his head back, sighing.

Jihyung bounced on his toes excitedly as he realised his first station was hand to hand combat, lining up outside the ring with around 10 other agents. Jina on the other hand stood with a similar group of agents by the target practice area.

"You're Cap's kid right?" A guy to Jihyung's left said, making his eyes go wide.

"What?" Jihyung responded.

"I mean, everyone knows you'll be selected, you've been sucking up to him for the last week. Along with your dumbass girlfriend"

"I've been here for 3 days." Jihyung said, wrapping his fists with tape. "If I do make the mission, it won't be because of my relationship with the Captain." He looked up from his hands with a steely look, "And dont you dare call my sister a dumbass."

Jimin watched the interaction out of the corner of his eye, refraining from interfering himself before watching Jihyung stand up for Jina. Jungkook approached the hand to hand section as Jimin smiled, walking past him to the spy and secrecy area. At that very moment, Namjoon, Chan and Wonho entered the room, going to their respective stations. Jina heaved a sigh of relief when she spotted Namjoon entering the target practice area, winking at her.

"Alright, hello agents." Namjoon smiled, holding a clipboard. "So, we're practicing with 3 different weapons, you just gotta choose your preference. We have archery, guns and grenade toss."

"Cool!" Jina whispered under her breath, slightly embarrassed when she saw her group not sharing the same excitement. She herself was fairly experienced with archery and grenades, but firearms weren't allowed in the Park-Jeon household, so it was something she was hesitant of.

"Choose your strongest to start with, then you can try the other two if you'd like. Hopefully you can master two of them during training today."

Jina nodded determinedly, joining the line for the archery section. Jay stood behind her, giving her a curt nod. In front of her, a man turned around with a raised eyebrow, eyes glinting, "Ladies first."

Jina's eyebrows furrowed, realizing only then that she was the only girl in the group. Clearing her throat, she tied a quick ponytail and smiled, heading to the front and grabbing a bow. Fixing her stance, she drew the bow, dragging the arrow backwards after her eyes flickered on the target momentarily. She exhaled quickly and released, her hair swishing backwards as a stream of wind blew over her shoulder. She heard the thwack of the arrow hitting the target and locked her eyes with the dartboard, where the arrow stuck bang in the centre.

"Bullseye." She said, not bothering to turn around as she handed her bow to the guy from earlier. "I guess ladies do come in first."

Namjoon chucked from the corner as Jina moved to the back of the line, receiving looks of amazement from the agents in the line.

"Good job kid." Namjoon whispered and Jina grinned.

"Right?! I feel so cool." Jina giggled and jumped excitedly.

Meanwhile Jihyung stepped into the ring for the first time that day, waiting for an opponent. Jungkook observed Jihyung as he locked eyes with the rude agent from earlier, and smiled. This would be interesting.

"Alright, agent Hunter, let's see what you got." Jungkook nodded towards him to enter, which he did, not as confident as earlier. Jihyung snapped his neck and grinned, punching his fists together and pulling up his shorts. Jungkook held back a laugh at Hunter, who gulped and prepared himself in an awkward stance. Needless to say, Hunter was slumped in a corner within seconds of his first strike. Jihyung had barely broken a sweat, but still offered a hand for Hunter, who took it with a grumble. Jihyung smirked at Jungkook who shook his head disbelievingly, and shooed him out of the ring.

"Come on, I can't go another round?" Jihyung whined to Jungkook, who looked down at him and chuckled.

"Give others a chance, kiddo." Jungkook said, ruffling his hair. "I'll let you go again after everyone's had a turn. Go check on Jina till then."

"Okay." Jihyung said, taking off his gloves and heading over to stand beside Namjoon.

"Hiya, Kid." Namjoon grinned, watching Jina attempt the grenade toss and making the target three times in a row. "Your sister's insane, man."

"Hey, did you see me kicking ass back there?" Jihyung hopped on the spot and Namjoon snorted.

"Yeah, yeah. Hunter's not great, so well, don't let it inflate your ego."

"Let me have this, will you." Jihyung grumbled and Namjoon chortled.

"Okay, you were great. I'm so sorry." His voice was monotonous, and Jihyung lips curled up into a sneer. "I'm kidding. You guys are totally ready for the mission."

"For real?" Jihyung said, eyes instantly brightening. "Damn, this is so cool."

"Well, dont get too excited, your parents still have to agree."

"Oh shoot, yeah. Convince them Joon Uncle, please!" Jihyung pleaded as Jina joined them.

"Wassup, bro. D'ya see me kick ass?"

"Depends." Jihyung said, crossing his arms, "Did you see me?"

Jina rolled her eyes. "I dont care, I dominated that shit."

"Hey! No swearing." Namjoon gave her a glare, trying to maintain a tough composure.

"My deepest apologies Uncle." Jina gave him a bow and a mock look of apology.

"Ugh, go away. Both of you, next station." Namjoon shooed them away with a wave of his hand and Jihyung and Jina shared a look, bursting into a laugh before splitting up.

_______

 i feel like jungkook would be such a good dad idk, he just has that vibe