chapter 21

Jimin did pride himself on having the most dramatic entrances. He was an hour late though, so he was feeling kinda bad about that. Or not. 

He'd spent a lot of time just staring in the mirror before coming, making sure he looked good. There was no point in denying it. It was his first time hoping to catch a certain someone's eye. Until then, he'd never tried to get Jungkook's attention- considering that he thought their relationship was just friendly. But well, after his talk with Namjoon. He thought, hell with it. Even if Lisa and Jungkook were together- there was no harm in putting on a little show. 

And that he did. As soon as he'd walked down that staircase, everyone's eyes were on him. 

The music was still going, but it had been dialed down slightly to a light jazz- making the atmosphere more of a low-key dinner party. Jimin had spotted Taehyung, and was happy to see him. 

"Hi Tae." He'd said, and Taehyung had ruffled his hair. 

"That was hot, Min." He'd said, and Jimin laughed, already feeling the warmth on his cheeks.

He was looking everywhere but at Jungkook. Now that they were so close, Jimin felt kind of stupid. Why had he dressed up so much? Jungkook was in a relationship after all. After Namjoon's speech and the frontline agents getting their drinks, Taehyung dragged Jimin away. 

"Before I say anything, you look amazing Min, I'm not kidding." Taehyung beamed, smoothing down his own outfit. 

"You too, Tae." Jimin said, already anticipating what Taehyung would say next. "And I'd rather you stop there, because I know-"

"Seriously Min, tell Jungkook." Tae pleaded. "You know I would never suggest something if I knew there was even a chance of you getting hurt."

"I-" Jimin started, and Taehyung stopped him.

"Look, I'm not trying to ruin your night, I just hope you think about it, okay?"

"I will." Jimin nodded. "Sooner or later."

Taehyung relented, and his gaze switched to the figures behind Jimin. He waved them over, and soon enough, Hyunjin, Chan and Minho approached them. 

"Min, you look amazing, seriously." Hyunjin gave him a high-five. "I love it."

"Oh god, yeah." Chan agreed, beaming at Jimin.  

Jimin smiled, clearly flattered. Whatever he was going to say next, however, died in his throat when he noticed one more person join the group: Jungkook. Finally, Jimin's gaze fixated on Jungkook, his heart racing faster and faster by the second. 

Jungkook smiled at Jimin, and Jimin could instantly feel a rush of warmth go through his body. "Hi, Min." 

He could already feel the corners of his lips tugging up into a genuine smile, "Hey Kook."

Jimin would be lying if he said Jungkook didnt look particularly attractive that night. He was wearing a simple charcoal gray waistcoat set, his bare arms shining under the bright lighting. It was basic, but suited him so well. 

It was so Jeon Jungkook. 

Trying to cover up the butterflies in his stomach, Jimin nodded at Jungkook, "New suit? I'm surprised."

"Oh, yeah." Jungkook looked down at his outfit and then back up at Jimin, meeting his eyes. He smiled shyly, "Thought it was time for a change."

"It looks great." Jimin said, clearing his throat. 

"You're one to talk." Jungkook said, shifting from where he was standing to stand beside Jimin. Hyunjin and Taehyung exchanged a quick look, shaking their heads at the couple. "You look beautiful."