epilogue ✧・゚

short promo: i have a new book coming out (it's called the heist and it's also a jikook story <3)- check it out!

________

Jina winced as a blight fluorescent light flashed in her eyes.

She got up quickly, groaning when she spotted Jihyung sleeping on the floor. She scanned her surroundings, noticing they were back in the science lab. Except now, the time machine was no longer there.

She went to wake up Jihyung, shaking him agressively.

"Wake up, Jih!"

"Ugh." Jihyung groaned, "Stop."

"Yeah, get your beauty sleep." Jina rolled her eyes, "We're still stuck in the past."

That got him up quickly. He jumped to his feet. "It didn't work? What?"

"I don't know yet." Jina said, trying to peek out of the room.

"Well, let's go check." Jihyung said, walking out of the room. They were in the same clothes as they were when they left.

"Is it the same day we left?" Jina frowned.

"Why is it so quiet? It's like deserted." Jihyung said, sighing.

It was never this quiet at school, especially in the morning. The sun shone through the windows, and they established it was probably not the same day as when they had first touched the machine.

Suddenly, as they were walking through the hallways, a figure came into view.

"Jih!" The boy called out, looking relieved. Jina and Jihyung let out exhales of relief.

"Woosung?" Jihyung said, "What's up?"

"What's up?" Woosung said, scoffing. "The basketball finals? They're starting in two minutes, where the hell have you been?"

"Woah, uh, sorry?" Jihyung said, trying to calm Hwang Woosung down.

"You better be." Woosung muttered. "Come on, you have to convince coach to let you play in the first quarter."

Woosung ushered the siblings into the gym, where the crowd was full with students and parents.

Jihyung quickly changed into his uniform, and then waved at Jina, who went to find a seat in the audience. Finally, they were home.

_

Jihyung was a little rusty at the beginning, considering he hadn't played in weeks. By the end of the game, however, he'd tallied up 33 points, and even shot the winning basket.

When the buzzer went off, he collapsed onto the ground, exhausted.

"Bro!" His teammate, Kim Gyuvin approached him, "You were crazy! Is this why you missed practice? To get hella buff?"

"I wish I could say I was that responsible." Jihyung joked, beaming when his friends and Jina gathered around him to celebrate. Even Kim Mina, Namjoon and Seokjin's daughter- who was a cheerleader- ran to give him a cheerful hug.

"I think this calls for a celebration, don't you?" A voice came from behind the group, and Jina and Jihyung immediately looked up, recognizing that ever-so-familiar tone.

"Appa! Dad!" Jina said excitedly, noticing her parents hands laced together in a tight hold.

"You came!" Jihyung beamed, recieving a hug from Jungkook.

"Of course we did." Jimin laughed, hugging his son. "You were amazing, Jih."

"You were all amazing." Jungkook smiled at the rest of the team, clasping Woosung and Gyuvin on the shoulder.