chapter 14

Namjoon couldn't help but this think this was all his fault. He was the one who told the siblings they'd be alright, even though they mentioned they'd never gone on a mission before. He couldnt bear the thought of them not returning together however, so he refocused his attention on his job. 

"Kook?" He said, and Jungkook responded quickly.

"Yeah?" 

"They're approaching fast, everyone is in position, right?" Namjoon asked. 

"Yeah, I have the snipers on the roof too. Hyunjin is monitoring."

"Good." Namjoon nodded, "Come on, I know you got it."

Just before the army came into view, Jimin rushed to Jungkook's side, spear tucked into his belt and blood smeared on his cheek. "The medics reached her. But I can't leave the fight."

Jungkook nodded. "Joon Hyung, give me updates on her condition when they come." 

Meanwhile, Jina struggled to get up as two medics lifted her to her feet. Her intakes of breath were sharp and raspy, as she held a hand to her wound. Blood quickly stained her fingers and Soyeon stood nervously to the side. 

"Soyeon?" Jina whispered. 

Soyeon rushed to her side. "Yeah?" 

"Go to the fight. They need you." Jina forced a smile. She could hear a rumble of footsteps from the army approaching, the resounding sound echoing in her already spinning mind. 

"Are you sure?" Soyeon asked, looking doubtful. "I don't want to leave you alone."

Despite shivering, Jina felt a surge of warmth running through her body. She barely knew Soyeon, but just what she said gave Jina the slightest feeling of hope for surviving this. "It's your moment, you got it." Jina smiled again, her paling face breaking into a cold sweat as the medics began to carry her to the ambulance. Soyeon nodded, navigating through the forest to get a better look at the fight. 

Her eyes widened at the scene. 

 Shots were being fired from above, below and the sides, with Jimin and Jungkook leading the agents. Soyeon noticed that the frontline officers were taking at least one or two officers at once, whereas agents were working hard on sniping and using long-distance techniques such as archery and grenade toss. A few agents however, were doing hand to hand combat such as Jihyung and Yuqi. Soyeon navigated the forest until she was in direct view of Jimin and Jungkook, spotting Jihyung being pinned to the ground. Soyeon quickly set an arrow into her bow, closing one eye and aiming for the officer who's hands were on Jihyung's neck. 

Exhaling quickly, she drew the bow and released, getting a direct hit. Jihyung lifted himself from the ground, looking around for the person who'd saved him. Soyeon however, hid behind a tree. She realized that leaving the forest would mean being spotted by the opposition and decided to make use of her strength, archery, to help the frontline officers. Keeping her eyes peeled, she skipped past the trees and spotted Hyunjin struggling with three attackers. Just like last time, Soyeon launched three perfectly targeted arrows, taking down the three officers and then hiding once more. She did the same ten more times, helping Yuqi, Chan, and even Jimin, with Jisoo constantly instructing her in the in-ear. 

When the army was down to only 10 officers, Soyeon rejoined the agents, sneaking out of the forest. Jungkook stood at the head. 

"Stand down, you know we've got you." Jungkook said, wiping blood off of his lip. 

"Something's wrong." Jimin muttered, "They're making something."

"Joon, what's going on back there?"

"Bomb detection, Kook, the guy at the  back."

"Shit." Jimin said. "How catastrophic?"

"I can't tell. You need to get out of there."

"We can't. The ship is behind us, but we don't have time."

"Don't attack them, I don't know if you'll be able to detonate it." Namjoon said, frowning. "Look, Jina is behind you guys in the forest, getting treated. I'm shifting her to the ship, get all the agents inside. This one's up to frontline."

Jungkook nodded. The frontline officers gathered around in the center, none of them injured, but several of them cut and bleeding. Hyunjin held his pistol close to his body. "What's the plan, Cap?"

"Not sure. The bomb and everything, wait till agents are safe in the ship." Jungkook wiped his forehead with a towel, keeping his eyes trained on the officers in front of him. 

Jungkook lifted his shield. "Alright, on my call, all guns out, get rid of them, every single one. Rapid fire."

Jimin nodded, discretely putting a hand to his gun.

"3...2...1..., NOW."

The frontline officers immediately started firing, arrows and bullets, refraining from grenades in order to limit the chances of an explosion. Out of the destruction came a flying bomb their way, moving almost in slow motion as their eyes grew wide. It was blinking and large, and the frontline agents ducked in an attempt to avoid damage, knowing it wasn't going to help. Jungkook stayed standing, eyebrows furrowing in concentration. as the bomb flew to him, he swung his shield backwards like a bat, making contact with the bomb and sending it flying to the opposite side of the island with as much force as he could muster. 

The frontline agents heard the explosion, their ears ringing. But the damage didn't reach them. Jungkook had done it. The bomb had landed in the water, and the opposing forces had  been defeated. He fell down to his knees victoriously, dropping his shield and gun as he let out a deep exhale. 

"Oh, thank god." Changbin rose from his position on the ground. Giving Minho a hug. Hyunjin laughed, disbelievingly, helping Taehyung up. Jimin sat down next to Jungkook, smiling.

"You did it." Jimin said, patting Jungkook's arm. 

"We." Jungkook said. "This was our mission, remember?" 

"Please, we'd be dead if it weren't for you." 

"No arguing, I'm too tired." Jungkook nudged Jimin, who chuckled. 

"Alright." Jimin leaned on Jungkook's shoulder. 

Jungkook glanced down at Jimin's face. Although smudged with dirt and hair matted, Jungkook thought he looked beautiful. He was too exhausted to care that the thought had crossed his mind, and what it meant with Lisa, so he simply resorted to not caring at all. 

"Up you get, lovebirds." Namjoon's voice came through the in-ear, "Nice job."

The pair laughed, rising to their feet. 

"You've got a tougher job ahead." Namjoon reminded them, the smile disappearing from his face. "Tell Jih what happened."

_______

Update! I know you guys are waiting on more Jikook, and action isn't my best strength, but, hopefully this chapter was interesting! The next one is coming soon.