~A Normal Day?~

"Thomas jabbed a thumb over his shoulder and raised his eyebrows.
'You met our new friend?' Minho responded, a smirk flashing across his face. 'Real piece of work, this guy. I gotta get me one of those shuck suits. Fancy stuff.'
'Am I awake?' Thomas asked.
'You're awake. Now eat—you look horrible. Almost as bad as Rat Man over there, reading his book.'"

James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════════╗

You had nightmares that night, and the next morning when you woke up Thomas had already gotten up. Good, you thought. You had avoided anyone noticing the fact that you and Thomas had slept on the same bed and any further embarrassment. Everyone else was still asleep you presumed from all the snoring around you. So, as any normal person would do, you went back to sleep.

The next time you came around, you were curled up in a ball. You reached up to your hair making sure it wasn't too messy. Luckily, it had dried before you went to bed. You had also tied it up. You heard some creaking suddenly from above you. No one was snoring anymore and everyone was facing you. You stared back with a look of confusion.

"y/n, when did you get here?" Frypan asked.

"Oh, they took me back here way after you guys were all asleep last night," you responded while yawning.

"Are you okay?" Thomas said, walking over to you. You sat up completely, legs swinging over the side of the bed.

"Yeah, why?"

"Your cheeks are wet with tears," Thomas says while cupping your cheeks. You hadn't even noticed. What was that nightmare about again? I can't remember. You hadn't realized that in your thoughts, you were staring into space at your own lap.

"y/n? y/nnn???" Newt called, waving a hand in front of your face from up above.

"Hm, yeah?" you asked suddenly snapping out of it.

"Seriously, are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare. Don't worry about me," you whispered deciding to get up. The minute your bare feet touched the cold cement ground though, you sprang back into the bed.

Newt tried his best not to laugh, but Minho just let it out. "A bit cold, isn't it?" Newt asked, butchering the words with his groggy accent.

"No shit," You said while putting your hands on your arms and bringing your legs to your chest to get warm again.

"I'll grab your shoes," Thomas said, wandering off to find where you had left them at the door.

"Princess y/n! Princess y/n what should we do next for you?" Minho asked with a joking voice.

"Well, I'd appreciate it if you'd shut up," you shot back at him.

"Can do," Minho snickered, saluting you.

Newt gasped off to the side, and you just laughed. "Minho actually taking someone's orders? As if!" Frypan chimed in. You just laughed and laughed. The look on Minho's face towards you was priceless.