~Jorge's Favorite Song~

"I'm gonna play them my favorite song."

Jorge-The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧✦✧.·:·.*══════════╗

Finding a way to escape was the hardest part. Then, when Newt reached out for you just to stop nausea from spinning, Minho apparently got an idea.

"Hey, what if one of us swung over and grabbed the bar then pulled the lever and let everyone down?" Minho suggested.

"Yeah! That'll work! That's genius! What were we thinking?" you praised him. Newt squeezed your hands, giving you a wonky smile as if to say, 'it'll be alright we're getting out of here.'

So, you were voted in as the closest to the lever. The positioning was weird but you spun around so Minho could grab your waist and push you like you were on a swing. Except the difference was, you were the swing. And it kinda depended on life or death to WCKD. So maybe not the easiest thing to do.

"Alright, 1 2 3." He pushed you once and you came close but not close enough to grab the metal bar yet.  Minho yelled a bit in frustration before returning to trying again. After 3 attempts he figured out the proper force needed.

"C'mon Minho push her harder," Newt said, growing impatient and not liking Minho grabbing your waist.

Minho cursed under his breath before counting down again. On three he pushed you and you managed to grasp the metal bar. Everyone cheered and you flipped yourself upright feeling the blood rushing into your hands.

"y/n, hurry up!" Thomas yelled. You reached out and pulled the lever all the way down. This dropped everyone significantly but also lowered you to the floor so you could untie the loose rope from your feet now. Everyone yelled a bit in protest to being dropped though. You didn't have the energy to laugh and this was a serious situation anyways. As you sat down you unwound your feet as quickly as possible before grabbing the person closest to you, which was Thomas. You reached out to him and gripped his ankle before tugging him over the edge which took a lot of effort. Then, you went over to Newt who also was on the edge, he stared back at you as you gently helped him over the metal floor so he wouldn't hit his head.

"Jeez y/n. Gentle with him but not with me? What'd I ever do to you?" Thomas asked sarcastically. But you thought your actions explained it pretty well.

"I'll talk to you about that later," you said narrowing your eyes and shooting him a finger gun.

Newt and Thomas helped you untie everyone else when you began to hear your dad's voice. Oh no, they found us...

You scrambled to get the rest of the group onto the small platform. You held out a metal whatever-the-thing-was to bridge the gap between you and Aris, then you pulled him closer and over the edge so he too could get untied.

"Thanks," he said.

"You saved me back at the facility, so I might as well save you," you said with a smirk. But deep down it felt good to be able to help. Aris gave you a quick hug, he was probably more scared than you guys were since he wasn't from your maze and was still getting acquainted with some of the guys.

However, both Thomas and Newt were now watching Aris with jealousy. Probably not too good for his reputation, and not too good for making friends with them. Though, Thomas knew that Aris was one of the only good guys in this situation that was helping them. He just made a mental note to later inform Aris of him wanting y/n so that Aris would step aside.