~Winston~

"'Didn't know you could measure distance so we'll with nothing but your bloody eyeballs'"

James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════════╗

Everyone booked it out of the building, running for their lives from the horrible creatures. All of a sudden, Newt wasn't beside you anymore, he was on the ground with one of those things on top of him.

"Newt!" Thomas yelled before kicking the creature through the glass railing and down over the balcony.

"You good?"

"Yeah," Newt responded, a little unsteady. But nevertheless, he remained strong. You guys ran through a concrete tunnel and as you tried each door was locked. It was a dead end. You took out your gun.

"I'll hold them back!" you shouted and started shooting. Each bullet was perfectly accurate, not missing once. Frypan managed to bust open the door and everyone filed through before a thing grabbed Winston. They scratched at him as you tried to pull him through the door. Finally getting him through you ran.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Sitting beneath a concrete arch, everyone huddled together. Everyone was quiet, the panicked breathing had to be contained as the monster's groans and cries could be heard just a few feet away. Luckily though, the creatures were unable to find you. And you hoped for everything to be okay.

Winston groaned in pain and you noticed.

"What's wrong?" you whispered to him. He pointed towards his stomach which had a deep gash. You felt around in your pockets on instinct for the extra bandages. You wrapped it up for him as quietly as you possibly could. He mouthed a "thank you" and you nodded in exchange. You were the only med-jack left after all. You missed the rest of them. Everyone from the glade.

You soon felt the drowsiness from all the effort your body had exerted that day kick in. And apparently so did everyone else as you fell into a deep sleep. Newt had you wrapped up in his arms as you were shaking. Everyone was scared, but it couldn't be helped. Your eyelids drooped farther and farther down until Newt whispered into your ear, "go to sleep, love." That was all the incentive you needed to finally relax and close your eyes for good.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

It was light outside. You heard Thomas through your drowsiness, he was shouting at something. A crow? Oh- it was in his bag. You giggled a bit at it. Newt had removed himself from you a while ago, you supposed it was to sleep more comfortably himself. But Newt and Thomas still smiled a bit at your sudden laughter.

Thomas's face turned serious again after a few moments.

"They're gone," Newt observed.

"Yeah, I think we're safe for now," Thomas stated. He was already standing up. "We should get moving. Let's pack it up," he instructed as he grabbed his backpack. "Aris c'mon, Fry, Winston. Let's go."

Winston let out a painful groan. The bandages around his waist were bled through.

"Hey man, you okay?" Frypan asked. He reached out a hand to help Winston up before you ushered him away.