~First Day In The Scorch~

"He didn't care about the others anymore. The chaos around him seemed to siphon away his humanity, turning him into an animal. All he wanted was to survive, make it to that building, get inside. Live. Gain another day."

James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════════╗

You ran and ran, everyone following behind you. Behind you, there were people with flashlights searching. You were scared they would find you. What would your dad do then?

A giant sand dune was in your way but you climbed it with vigor much like everyone else, desperate to get away from that inhumane place. You heard engines, motorcycles, and yelling. You guessed that your dad most likely would not stop looking for you until he found you. You laid atop a dune with the others, watching down below. Thomas laid next to you and slung his arm over your back.

"Alright, go go go, stay low, stay low!" he whispered to everyone as you army crawled down the other side of the small hill. The flashlights were getting too close for comfort. Then, after a bit of that, you got up and ran. The wind blew your hair back, and once again it became knotted. Teresa ran beside you, she looked over as Thomas told you to watch out, approaching a half-buried building. A part of the glass was shattered. There was yelling as Teresa recklessly entered the building. At this point, you were terrified. But fear was a reaction, being brave was your decision to make. And you had decided.

You ran inside seeking refuge like the others, after all you were wanted and escapees now. Minho slipped down the hill of sand after you, stumbling into you and bumping your shoulder which kicked up sand and sent you crashing to the ground. The second you landed you could feel the pain again.

"Oh my god, y/n!" Minho said in a worried tone. Thomas made it down as well picking you up from under your arms.

"Thanks, don't worry about me!" you dismissed his worried expression with a wave of your hand. Everyone should be focusing on their surroundings after all. Who knows what could be in here. Minho clicked on a flashlight, it shone down through the rafters and the metal columns.

"Where the hell are we?" Minho asked. Oh great, so nobody knew! Not like anyone would know. But this was just fantastic.

"We gotta go," Thomas said.

"No," Teresa interrupted.

"C'mon!"

"Thomas, STOP," Teresa forcefully commanded. "Tell me what's going on." Oh, you knew where this was going. You knew, but you couldn't do anything to stop it because... well, you couldn't change Teresa's mind. And the one person who could, well maybe he could, but you were oh-so jealous of it.  The one person who could wasn't trying to.

You clenched you fists to bear with the pain in your arm. You gritted your teeth and folded your arms inwards as you zoned out through their mini conversation about WCKD. Those bastards. Wait, that's a bad word y/n. Yeah right, not like they'd hear. But it's still a bad word! What are you gonna do about it. Nothing! Because you're my own brain. Wow this is kinda stupid. Why am I talking to myself? Should I say something?

When you zoned back in everyone looked so serious. "What's all the fuss about guys?" you asked. Everyone looked at you incredulously.

"Did you really miss all of that?" Newt asked in disappointment. You just pursed your lips after that. "Alright, so what's the plan," Newt says turning back to Thomas. "You do have a plan right?" Thomas looked so unsure of himself right then and there you knew you had to help.