~Jorge and His Weird Radio~

"...You'd think the little part about them supposedly killing us would be the attention getter."

James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧✦✧.·:·.*══════════╗

(other pov still)

And she was planning on it. But not immediately.

Eventually, their yelling quieted down as y/n just lay there. Each of them at a different stage of sadness. Then, Thomas places his hand on y/n's wrist, checking for a pulse.

"Woah! y/n's hands are ice-cold!" Thomas exclaims.

"After just getting struck by lightning?" Minho asks unbelievably. He reached out to touch your hand but the second he made contact his hand shoots back. "Yeah, never mind. She's freezing."

"Does she have a heartbeat though?" Newt asks worriedly. Thomas grips your wrist, searching for a spot where he can feel the pulsing of your heart.

"Yeah, she does." Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "We need to find some sort of fire or heat source," Thomas instructed.

"Where's our med-jack? Oh right, she's dying on the floor," Minho attempts to joke. But Thomas and Newt both glare at him.

Thomas un-crouches as everyone stands up looking around now, trying to see if there is a good source of warmth nearby. Newt shone the flashlight around the old warehouse.

"Minho, help me get her up," Thomas whispers. They hoist y/n's body onto Thomas's back.

"Hey, what's that smell?" Teresa asked looking very confused. Teresa clicked on her flashlight and came face to face with a crank. Everyone yelled and she ran backward. The crank thrashed as it reached the end of its chain length and screamed with a noise that was not human. At least not anymore. There was more than just one of them though, maybe 20 or more were chained up in various places of the warehouse. Everyone clumped together in a group and y/n's body was  draped across Thomas's back in a piggyback fashion. Newt looks over, a bit jealous, and lets his head droop down, trying to hide his face.

A door opens to the right and everyone watches a short girl with a pixie haircut walk like she was walking on a runway through a bunch of those chained-up monsters. "I see you've met our guard dogs," she states blandly.

"You guys look like shit," she says. Then she sees y/n. "What happened to her?" the girl questions, her mouth slanting and her head tilting in a rough but elegant fashion.

"She tried to save me," Minho started, but got cut off.

"From?" she asks widening her eyes and giving a very annoyed look.

"Lightning. She was struck by lightning." Thomas managed to get out. Whoever the girl was, her eyes widened a fraction as she looked over the poor girl.

"Yeah, come on. We'll get her some help or something," she says nonchalantly. She gestures with her hand to follow her and wanders back through the path where the creatures couldn't reach her. At least barely...

"Unless you wanna stay here with them," she offers sarcastically. And with that comment, everybody else followed her.

When everyone enters through the sliding door, they look around in awe as if having not seen a warehouse in what... like 2 seconds? But it had lights! That was a start.

"Let's get her taken care of, yeah?" the girl says, leading them to a room with a fire pit inside.

Thomas swung y/n off of his back and laid her on his lap while resting by the fire. Soon, everyone's eyes began to droop and a peaceful veil of slumber fell over the group.