Chapter One: Madmax

it was 7:30am, and Ava Harrington woke up late.
"Ava! You're gonna be late!" Shouted her
older brother, Steve Harrington.

Ava heard him,
and groaned in response. Steve heard it and just sighed. She slowly got up, and checked the time. "Shit!" she yelled, tossing the covers off of her.

She put on whatever she could find and barely even brushed her hair.

"Ava, your hair is a mess." Steve said, gently petting her hair. "I'm not a dog, Steve." she said, patting her hair down. "I never called you one?" He said, confused. Ava just sighed.

"I gotta go, i have to be at my bus stop in literally 6 minutes." Steve nodded, and continued doing whatever he was doing.

Ava grabbed a piece of toast, and ran out the door, but then ran right back in because it was raining, and grabbed Steve's coat.

"Hey! i need that for today!" Steve yelled, Ava ignored him and shut the door. "Little shit." Steve mumbled under his breath, staring at the front door where she once was.

Ava hopped onto her bike, the toast hanging from her mouth, and rode it quickly. She looked at the bus stop and saw her four friends, which made her smile immediately.

"Hey guys!" she said in a high pitched voice, and bit into her now soggy toast, spitting it out onto the pavement. She didn't get a response back, so she looked up at the group confused.

"Ava, oh do we have news for you." Lucas says in an annoyed tone, well this should be great. "Somebody named Madmax beat our high score at the arcade!" said Dustin, slightly interrupting Lucas.

Ava looked at Dustin, "Wait what? i don't know if i heard you correctly or not." She said, hoping he says something different this time. "Oh no Ava, you heard me perfectly fine." He responds.

"How the hell did someone beat our high score?" She says, annoyed. "You guys are more focused on the high score, when we should be more focused on the name, i mean, who the hell names themself Madmax?" Says Mike.

Ava turned to look at Mike, she starts to think to herself. Great, Mike seems to be in one of his bossy and childish moods today. As usual.

"Who cares about the stupid name?" Says Lucas, "We need to go to the arcade as soon as possible and retrieve our rightful place at having the highest score!"

Ava scoffs at the boys bickering, and glances over at Will, who seems to be doing the same.

Will wake over to her, hoping to make good use out of them arguing.

"Sometimes, i don't even know if what they're saying makes sense or not." Says Will, giving Ava a slight smile.

"I know right? It's like the words are coming out of their mouths at thirty miles per hour." She says, earning a chuckle from Will.

Ava and Will are definitely the closest in the entire group, they hang out a lot, and understand one another to an extent.

"This is probably going to last hours." Dustin says, breathless after returning from the argument, leaving Lucas and Mike to finish it.

{533 word count}

Sorry about the very small chapter, the first two chapters are going to be short, but then starting with chapter 3, the chapters will be a lot longer. This is my first ever writing so i'm trying my best. Thanks to whoever reads!!<3