Chapter Thirty: Letters?

After the incident, Max woke up and started explaining everything she saw.

"And then, when i got closer, suddenly i just.. I woke up." Max explained, Ava instinctively holding Max's hand tightly, afraid that if she let go, she'd lose the redhead beside her.

"It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin mumbles, "Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." He says. "That's not even the bad part." Max says shakily, "There's more..?" Ava mutters, totally done with life.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away." Max explains, making Ava breathe slightly heavy. "Then the nightmares," Max goes on, making Ava look down to the ground.

"Trouble sleeping," The redhead continues to explain, describing everything that was so understandable to Ava. "They'd wake up in a cold sweat, and then they started seeing things." Max mumbles. "Bad things." She clarifies.

"From their pasts. These visions, they just.. They kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually.." Max says, "Everything ended?" Ava mumbles, making Max slowly nod and look at the girl next to her.

Ava's breath started to get jumpy, realizing she had every symptom Max had just listed. She zoned and started to think about if she should tell the others or not. She decided not to, Max was way more important right now, especially since Ava hadn't seen the clock yet, and she definitely didn't want it jump to conclusions.

"Vecna's curse." Robin speaks up after Max explains it, "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago." Max mutters, making Ava hold onto the redheads hand tighter. "I've been having them for five days." She says, making Ava turn to look at her.

"I don't know how long i have, all i know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than twenty four hours after their first vision." Max says, her voice breaking slightly. "And i just saw that god damn clock, so.." The redhead sighs, making Ava hold onto the other girls waist and lay her head on Max's shoulder.

"Looks like i'm gonna die tomorrow." Max mutters, making Ava scoff. "No chance in hell." Ava speaks up, "As if i'd let you die." She continues, looking at the redhead. "It's not like you can do anything about it, Ava." Max responds coldly, but it's understandable, i mean, she just figured out she's gonna die soon.

Ava lifts her hands up, "I've got powers." Ava says, thinking it'd be even a bit helpful. "And i'm not going to let you die, you know i won't." Ava says confidently. Ava trusted herself with what she was saying, she knew she'd even sacrifice herself for Max if she had to. She'd do anything to keep the redhead safe.

Before Max could even respond there was a distant clanging noise in the background, causing them all to look that direction. "Stay here." Steve says quietly, walking towards the door and grabbing a lamp for protection.

"A fucking lamp?" Ava mumbles, making Max nudge her shoulder. The rest of the group follow Steve out, and hear footsteps running towards them. Once they see the person run the corner, Steve lifts the lamp up and shouts for an odd reason.

Everyone realized it was Lucas. "It's me!" Lucas shouts, "Lucas?" Nancy asks, "Yes, it's me!" Lucas responds, breathing heavily. "Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?!" Steve shouts, setting down the lamp.

"I'm sorry." Lucas says, out of breath. "I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve scoffs, gesturing to the lamp. "Sorry, guys, sorry." Lucas says, holding his hands out in surrender. "I was- I was biking for eight miles." Lucas says, breathing heavily in exhaustion.