Chapter Eight: Hiding My Thoughts

"Uh.." Ava says, nervously. "Voices? Well this is new." Max says, crossing her arms. "I just didn't want you to worry." Ava says, sighing.

"Like i said, my worry for you will never go away no matter what." Max says, squeezing Ava's non injured hand. "Tell me about these.. Voices." Max finishes.

"I-I cant really explain them, it only started happening the day i passed out." Ava says, not wanting to say much. "I need you to be honest with me." Max says, somehow reading Ava like an opened book.

"It's true. It only started to happen the day i passed out." Ava repeats. "What have they said so far?" Max asks, worriedly.

"I couldn't make out what they were saying." Ava lies, not wanting anyone to worry for her. Max just looks into Ava's eyes, trying to see if Ava was telling the truth or not.

When Ava lies, her pupils dilate in a way, and her nose twitches ever so slightly, Max pays attention to those things. "Truth. Now." Max says, her voice more serious than before.

"Fuck." Ava says, laying back onto the hospital bed, sighing. "It's not hard to tell when you're lying." Max says, resting her head on the edge of the bed, still holding onto Ava's hand.

"Don't tell her." The voice says. Ava gulps at those words. How was she supposed to leave this situation?

"They just tell me weird things.. Like they'll predict if something happens or not." Ava lies. She definitely doesn't want to deal with the previous pain.

"Ava, you're lying." Max says, annoyed. "God damn it, i cant tell you." Ava says, wincing in slight pain.

"What's wrong?" Max says. Hah, It worked.

"My chest is starting to hurt.." Ava says, nervously. "Do you want me to go get a doctor?" Max replies. "No, no, i'll be okay." Ava says, sighing.

That had to get her mind off of the voices. Ava thought to herself.

"Where's everyone else?" Ava asks, Max furrows her eyebrows. "Am i not enough for you?" Max says, teasingly. "W-What? No, that's not what i meant." Ava says, "Relax i was joking." Max says, giggling.

"They're at home." Max finishes. "Aww, you stayed here with me?" Ava says in a soft voice. "I stayed here all night." Max says, making Ava slightly blush.

"That's sweet of you." Ava says, her cheeks tinted red. "Hah, you're blushing." Max says, slowly inching closer. "Oh? I guess i am." Ava says, slightly smiling.

"Hm.. Let me check to make sure." Max says, gently grabbing Ava's cheek. "Haha, very smooth, Mayfield." Ava says sarcastically. "Always am, clumsy." Max replies, keeping her hand there and getting closer to Ava.

"So.. You're really trying to kiss me on a hospital bed?" Ava says, teasingly. "You know what they say, a kiss could make you feel better." Max says winking, earning herself a giggle from Ava. "In this case i think it will." Ava whispers to Max, considering their faces are so close.

Max softly presses her lips against Ava's, causing both of them to blush a deep shade of red. Ava wanted to hold onto Max's chin, to lift it up slightly, but her arms were connected to hospital stuff.

Instead, Ava just kissed Max a bit harder, making the moment more passionate. Max broke the kiss, "Damn, you're in a kissy mood today." Max says, giggling. "What makes you say that?" Ava asks.