Chapter Fourty-Three: The Aftermath.

"No!" Max shouts, Ava's body now falling to the floor. Max sobs and runs to her, falling on her knees and holding Ava. "Please stay with me! Please!" Max begs and sobs, holding Ava in her arms. Lucas slowly walks towards Ava, kneeling down beside her, a tear visible on his cheek. "Please.." Max pleads, her voice cracking due to sadness. "Max, i'm so sorry." Lucas says sadly, feeling bad for the girl. "She isn't breathing, Lucas, we need to get help! Now!" Max says quickly in response, not wanting pity, just wanting her girl to survive.

"I can't live without her!" She says, looking at Ava's face. Her face looked so peaceful, as if she was in peace before having those fatal final moments. "I cant.." Max says sadly, crying while holding Ava in her arms. Lucas gives Max a few moments to let it all out, a few tears coming out of him as well. Suddenly, a hot flash happens. It worked. Steve, Nancy, and Robin did it. Max and Lucas could hear Vecna's bellows. They did it. Right? But at what cost?

"Lucas!" Max shouts, a couple small breaths coming from Ava. "Ava! Ava!" Max says, crying happily, "Stay with me!" She says, panicking. "Oh, my God." Lucas says, breathing deeply. "Ava." He says, holding the girls arm gently. Ava didn't respond, just breathed lightly, but the breaths were very short, as if there was nothing there. "Ava, please, talk to me." Max pleads, not taking her eyes off of Ava's face. Ava just grunts lightly in response, "I'm so sorry, i should've never let you do this." Max weeps lightly.

"Lucas!" Erica says, running onto the room, about to say they did it, but sees Ava's body. "Erica!" Lucas says, "We need a doctor!" Max shouts. "Call an ambulance!" She pleads, "Hurry! Call an ambulance!" Lucas backs her up. "Max.." Ava mumbles, "Oh my God, yes, Ava, i'm here. Im here." Max says, crying lightly. "I-I cant see." Ava mumbles, blood running down her eyes. "I know, i know. It's okay, i promise, you're going to be okay, my love." Max says, sniffling. "We're gonna get you some help, Ava, okay?" Lucas says, trying to comfort her. "Just hold on." Lucas adds.

"Im so scared- i'm so scared." Ava says, her voice showing fear. "I know, i know." Max says tearfully, "Im not ready to go yet, M-Max." Ava says, coughing lightly. "You're not going to go, okay? Please just hang on." Max responds sadly, trying to hold in her cries for Ava. "I don't wanna go." Ava says tearfully, "You're not gonna die!" Max says, crying lightly. "Just.. Just hang on, please!" She says. Ava breathes heavily, not responding. "Ava? Ava!" Max says, holding the girls cheek.

"No, no, no, Ava. Stay with me." Max says, tearfully. "Stay with me! Please! Don't go, Ava!" Max begs, sobbing. Ava could hear another person crying, "No." That person said. Was it El again? What was she doing there? Ava felt bad, she didn't know her death would affect this many people. She thought she didn't mean anything to anyone. "Ava, look at me, please." Max begs, "No. Stay with me, Ava!" Max says, noticing Ava isn't breathing as much as she was before.

"Erica, help!" Lucas shouts, his voice a bit tearful now, not wanting to watch one of his childhood best friends die in front of his eyes. Max and Lucas both notice that Ava's breathing has stopped, and her face was in one resting position. "Ava?" Max says, holding the girls face. "Ava, stay with me." Max says, panicking, looking at the soulless eyes of Ava's, which used to be so filled with light, but now look so drained. She was so drained.

"No! No! Ava, Ava! Please, stay with me!" Max says desperately, crying hard. "No!" Max wails, screaming out in sadness, letting out an anguished sob. Lucas was crying lightly next to Ava, holding her arm tightly. Then, out of no where, a clock chimes. The fourth chime. Now that Ava was dead, the clock has finally reached its potential. "Max, we need to leave!" Lucas says, sniffling, "I'm not leaving her!" Max says in response, still sobbing.