Chapter Thirty-One: Cursed

They all sit down on the couches in Mike's basement, Max still on the desk, and Robin holding an article. "Thanks to Nancy's minions, we are now rockstar psychology students at the University of Notre Dame." Robin says with a cheeky smile.

"Notre Dame?" Ava asks, leaning in, fully interested in the conversation. Robin nods, "Yes, and i am now Ruth." Nancy sighs, "And i'm Rose." Robin says with a little bow.

"Ruth?" Steve speaks up, finding the idea childish. "Nice GPA." Dustin says, looking at the paper. "Thanks." Nancy responds with a smile. Ava let her curiosity win and she glanced over at the paper, it stating that Nancy had a 3.9 GPA. "God damn, you couldn't even pay me to get that type of GPA." Ava admits, leaning back on the couch she was sitting in, and doing her main activity which was to stare at the redhead across the room.

"So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Victor Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics." Nancy says, "To which they said no." Robin adds, making Ava frown. "But we landed a three o'clock with the director." Nancy says, glancing at Ava.

"Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor." Robin says, smiling. "Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse." Nancy says quietly, making Ava sigh and look back over to the redhead sitting on the desk, still writing.

"Yeah, about that, we've been doing our Victor Creek homework, and, uh.. we got some questions." Steve says, "Lots of questions." Lucas adds. "So do we. Hopefully, Victor has the answers." Nancy responds. "Wait, wait, wait a second. Uh.. Where's mine?" Steve asks, referring to why Steve didn't receive any involvement in Nancy and Robins "adventure."

"Nancy, you're outta your mind if you think i'm babysitting again." Steve says to Nancy, "Okay, first of all, they're not babies anymore. And Max is in real danger." Nancy retorts. "She needs people around her." Nancy adds, "I know. But why does it always have to be me?" Steve asks.

"Oh my god, you have a Tom Cruise poster." Robin says, Ava following close behind the older girl. "You have a Tom Cruise poster." Robin repeats in a weird tone, turning to Nancy with a wide smile. "Um, is that supposed to mean something?" Ava asks, oblivious. "That's old." Nancy defends, digging around in her closet.

Robin laughs, leaning down and touching everything she could find on Nancy's shelf. "Can you please not touch anything?" Nancy asks, "I cant do anything here, Nance." Steve speaks up, looking around the room. "Maybe i can be helpful with this asylum director dude. I don't know, i could turn on my.. my charm." Steve says cheekily.

"May i ask what charm is that?" Ava asks, giggling slightly. Steve points to his face, "Not the charm we need." Nancy responds, "Ouch." Steve scoffs, "Well deserved." Ava mumbles. "No, no, i just.." Nancy sighs, "I did a little digging last night, and it turns out this Dr. Hatch is a distinguished fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and a Harvard visiting scholar, okay?" Nancy says, hoping her point was proven.

"This is a lifelong student of the world, if we're gonna win him over, we are gonna have to convince him that we are too." Nancy adds after seeing Steve's blank face. "That we are true.. academic scholars." Nancy says, stress filling her voice. "With that GPA you don't have to pretend that you're a scholar." Ava says to Nancy, the older girl just smiling over at her before continuing to look through her closet.

"Holy shit. There is a little ballerina in here." Robin whispers, holding Nancy's music box. "Academic scholar? She's giving you an academic scholar vibe? Yeah, even my sister has a higher chance." Steve scoffs, "I don't know if that was a compliment or not, but i'll take it." Ava says, looking at her brother with a smirk. "No, but.. she will." Nancy says, holding a pink dress.