Chapter Twenty-One: Starcourt Incident

{Just gonna say this is a very long chapter, that's why it took me so long to finish!}

El wakes up and continues to scream and sob in pain, her leg still moving, as if something was inside it.

"What is that?" Erica asks disgustedly, "There's something in there." Mike mumbles in worry. "Jesus christ." Dustin says, "Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan says before getting up and sprinting off.

"Jesus christ." Dustin repeats. Ava watches Jonathan run and hop over something, she saw him dig through something and pull out a spoon, which meant he was surely going for a knife, making Ava wince at just imagining a knife piercing through El's wound.

Ava then saw him put heat onto the knife, making her wince even more. "Holy shit she's going to be in so much pain." Ava mumbles to Max, making the redhead turn to Jonathan, also wincing.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake. Let's get her on this side." Mike says, moving the girl with the help of friends. "You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a.. The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin said, trying to make El worry less, but it didn't help.

"Robin." Steve says, "Yeah?" She asks, "You're not helping." He responds. "I'm sorry." Robin says worriedly, making Ava hold back a laugh. Jonathan came running back, holding a heated knife and a wooden spoon.

"Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan says, worried for the girl. "Okay." El manages to say through sobs, "I'm gonna need you to stay real still." The older boy says, putting gloves over his hands.

"Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" He asks, giving Mike the wooden spoon for El. "Jesus Christ." Dustin says as Mike puts the wooden spoon into El's mouth.

Jonathan takes the knife and slowly puts it close to her wound, watching whatever was inside her move around. "Holy shit. Holy shit." Dustin mumbles, making Max nudge him.

"Do it." Mike says, wanting this to be over with. "Okay." Jonathan whispers, slowly tearing through El's flesh with the knife, making the girl scream in pain.

"Don't be slow, jackass, that'll make the pain worse."Ava mumbles under breath, earning a nudge from Max, luckily the only one that heard her. El wails in pain as Jonathan lifts the knife up from the wound. "Oh shit." Dustin swears.

El continues to scream and sob. Jonathan takes his hand and inserts it into her flesh, making the girl screech loudly in pain, as everyone else exclaimed. "Oh fuck, i'm gonna puke." Ava says, turning pale. "Don't fucking puke." Max orders, turning to her girlfriend.

Jonathan continues digging his hand through her gash, trying to get whatever was inside her. "Jonathan!" Nancy shouts, worried for the girl. "Stop talking!" Jonathan says back, concentrated on the wound.

Jonathan moves his hand deeper, making El scream in pain even louder. "God damn it!" Jonathan shouts, "No! Stop it!" El shouts, taking the wooden spoon out of her mouth. "Stop! Stop!" The girl repeats through sobs.

"I can do it." El says weakly, still crying. "I can do it." She repeats, sitting up. El uses her hand to get the thing out of her, making her wail in pain. "God!" El screams.