Mountain Lion

EPISODE 14: MOUNTAIN LION
(Adapted from "The Summit Eyewitness")

We start this episode off in the morning at the African Lion habitat of the Savannah Sector. In terms of design, there are 3 parts to it. First up is the main house for visitors to walk into/staff members and zookeepers to work/lions to rest. The second part is the main outside exhibit itself. A large and circular grassy setting dotted with big rocks, dead trees, and strong glass viewing windows for visitors to step up to and view the big cats from a safe distance. Finally, there's the third area. One that is outside and also grassy, but it's at the north end that only staff members and zookeepers can access. And while there are some environmental editions to it like rocks and vegetation, it seems more like an open training ground. And that's because it is.

Down in this area, we get 6 seconds of a lioness running across quickly after a lure with a ball on the end of it. This ends with her catching up to and getting her jaws around said ball. Then, from a perch above this lure, we see Caleb with a bucket in his hand and another zookeeper standing next to him.

Caleb: Brilliant work, m'lady! (reaches into the bucket) And now for your reward!

He then tosses a small chunk of meat down to the big cat, who catches it.

Caleb: Alright, now go join the rest of the pride. I have to get going.

But instead, the lioness decides to lay down and yawn, likely tired from the exercise she just did.

Caleb: (sighs) Guess I should have seen that one coming.

The Other Keeper: Oh, you can get going, Caleb. I'll take it from here.

Caleb: Much appreciated. See you later!

He then starts making his way off this perch via a latter as we then cut back to the visitor side of the lion exhibit to find Benny, looking inside the exhibit at one of the lions currently out (maybe even another keeper with one of them, causing a slightly jealous reaction from Benny if you want) before Caleb walks up.

Caleb: Sorry I'm late, Benjamin.

Benny: Hey, Caleb. So, you're done with the lion's exercises?

Caleb: I wouldn't be here if I wasn't.

Benny: Fair enough. Then what do you wanna talk about?

Caleb: Well, it's something that's been—

Frida: Caleb! There you are!

The two then look off and see Frida, the rockstar girl from Episode 8, walking up with a smile. BTW there's still a cast on her right hand, because it's only been a few weeks since we first saw her in this story's time, and because despite this being fiction, sprained hands don't just heal overnight or in a few weeks.

Caleb: Hold that thought, lad. (walks over) Frida! How've you been?

She then speaks as they approach/high-five each other.

Frida: Pretty good. My hand could be out of the cast, but it's been easier to manage.

Caleb: Well, that's good to hear. Again, sorry about that by the way.

Frida: Eh, it's water under the bridge, now.

Benny: Uh, Caleb? Should I come back again later, or...

Frida: (smiles) Who's your friend there?

Caleb: OH, right, you haven't met yet! Benny, meet Frida, Frida, meet Benny.

Frida: Nice to meet you. Do you work at the zoo, as well?