ten

i walked her to the front door to say goodbye, i offered to take her home but she quickly denied it saying she'll be fine on her own. especially since she had to grab something from the office before hand.

"well i'll see ya tomorrow for coffee at ten!" she smiled when waving.

"bye kennedy" i smiled and waved back.

i then got a text message from lorelei, i didn't remember having her number... that's weird.

Lorelei💕😏

Lorelei💕😏:
omg!!! i have some news!!!

me:
hm?

Lorelei💕😏:
clay asked me on a date!! i thought he was a dick?

me:
how'd i even get ur number-

Lorelei💕😏:
i put it in there when you were swimming!! hope that wasn't a bother? 🙁

me:
uh- it's not, just didn't know. also why the emojis.?

Lorelei💕😏:
cause we're like besties💕

me:
also i thought i should tell you, clay just got done playing around with me so i would be careful....

Lorelei💕😏:
don't tell me you like him?🫢🤦‍♀️

me:
he's just a dick, i don't want to see you get upset by him breaking your heart.

-
the truth was that i liked him, i missed him, i craved attention from him. i guess acceptance is the key to success...
i felt tears threatened to fall from my eyes, god i'm pathetic; of course this is when i break down because of it.

Lorelei💕😏

Lorelei💕😏:
he told me that i was his only 🤭

me:
he told me the same.

Lorelei💕😏:
well it's different this time! i'm positive it is! and also, don't talk to that kennedy girl. she's bad news

me:
what'd she do?

Lorelei💕😏:
she technically did nothing wrong but she came in the office saying how chill you were, i wouldn't trust it.

me:
whatever you say

Lorelei💕😏:
ur not mad at me right? like i kinda guessed you had a crush on him, but does that stop me from talking to him??

me:
i can't control what you do, just don't come crying to me when he breaks ur heart after i warned you over and over again

Lorelei💕😏:
i promise! we're meant for each other!! :)

me:
whatever.
read

-

i didn't realize the tears trailed down my face. i decided it would be healthy to go on a walk, a part of me hoped to see clay; yet another wished i never saw him again. i grabbed my keycard where i last placed it and exited the condo.
i decided on walking the huge loop that wrapped from the entrance to the condos and workplace. it was nice hearing the owls howl and the leaves rustle, i should go on night walks more often.

i calmed down a bit and almost forgot why i'd been so upset, i was a bit sore from earlier and hoped it wouldn't be too bad. there came the turn to clays house and the tears started coming again. i held my head low and sped walked on the other side of the road, i didn't dare to look up. he might be there. or maybe he isn't?
i convinced my mind it would be healthier to look up since he probably wasn't out there so late at night. i picked my head up and turned to the right looking at his condo, the water fountain covered where i was trying to look at. i walked a little faster to show myself he weren't there and i peered around the edge to see no one.

i sighed in relief then slowing my pace down since i was out of breath. my legs started to hurt like hell and i just now remembered that i would be sore. god dammit... i could go relax in the workplace for a tiny bit until i feel better? that's like halfway to my condo.

i decided to do that rather then hurt myself even more than i was already, i sighed in relief when i pushed open the front door; i fixed my hair and walked straight to the lounge room.
clay was sitting there with lorelei on his lap, lorelei was giggling while clay kissed her neck. the other bratty girls who usually followed clay around were giving lorelei death stares.

i didn't know what to do, i felt way too sore and tired to walk all the way back to my condo and now i felt the same tears puddling in my eyes. i quickly turned around after staring at them and i immediately regretted my choice in coming here.

"george!!" lorelei called out.

i froze feeling the tears fall onto my cheeks.

"hm?" i hummed trying not to make it noticeable i was crying.

"come join us!!" she giggled then whispering something to clay.

"i'm okay" i stated quickly then deciding to go to the bathroom.

"we can make more room for you!" she stated but i completely ignored her.

i walked up the stairs with a lot of pain, i finally reaching the bathroom door and my whole face was red from silently crying. i shut the door and i immediately started balling my eyes out. i didn't care if anyone were in there at the moment, as long as it weren't clay.

i sat on the large sink with my hands berried in my face. thank god i wasn't wearing mascara or eyeliner, otherwise i would've died.

i tried to quiet down my sobs but it just made me cry more, got this was embarrassing. at least i wasn't as loud as i were before, i would be surprised if someone came in because of hearing me cry.

i got off the sink and went to the farthest stall just in case someone came in. i put the toilet seat down and immediately sat on it then pulling my knees to my chest, crying.

like my worst nightmare i heard the door open which made me fall silent. my blood ran cold and i felt like i shouldn't breathe, so i didn't.

"george i know you're in here because you weren't in youre office" i heard clays voice echo.

i still stayed quiet.

"goddamnit" he muttered then walking out.

that's when i decided i should leave, i would just run home and complain about being sore later; that would be better than having to deal with clay.

i quickly stood up on my feet, immediately feeling dizzy. i opened the stall door and sped walked out of it, i opened the door quickly and sped walked with a limp down to the front entrance. i didn't stop to look, i just kept going forward; i angrily pushed through the front door and started sprinting to my condo.

because of my amazing limp i tripped on my own foot, falling to the ground. i frowned then looking at my knee, it was only scraped thankfully. i walked the rest of the way home since i was too overwhelmed. i used my keycard to get back inside and fell to the ground immediately once i shut my door. i fell asleep right then and there, crying my eyes out; hoping for the world to stop spinning.