sixteen

clay pulled away then winking at me, the waiter came back and smiled while holding two menu's.

clay took a quick look and said, "i'll take the steak with a side of potatoes and scallops" clay leaned towards the waiter.

i thought that was a strangely fast decision, maybe he's been here before?

"everything looks so good.... i guess i'll take the- lobster soup" i quickly said feeing like i were pressured.

"what side?" she smiled.

"mmm- what are the sides?" i asked.

"potatos, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, coleslaw, green beans, assorted veggies, and applesauce. you choose two" she smiled again.

"i'll take assorted veggies and applesauce please" i looked away, eye contact scares me.

"ok! your orders will be out fairly short, i also really like your accent" she smiled.

"isn't it sexy?" clay butted in.

"uh- hah" i laughed uncomfortably.

the girl shifted around for a second then leaving looking embarrassed.

"...what was that about?" i once again laughed again awkwardly.

"sorry, sooner or later she would've found out you're mine" clay smirked.

i shook my head with a smile, slowly getting a pink hue on my cheeks.

"so.... you've been here before?" i interrupted the awkward silence.

"yeah..." clay half smiled.

"oh" i smiled with a nod.

i realized clays whole mood changed and i didn't know wether i messed up by asking that.

"look- i'm sorry if that made you upset, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to" i looked at clay apologetically.

"nonono it wasn't anything you said or did, i was just uh- spaced out" clay smiled widely.

"as long as you say so...." i eerily looked towards his direction.

clays phone started ringing and he immediately answered like his life depended on it. i heard lorelei's voice on the other side and a smile showed on clays face, and it actually looked genuinely.

maybe i'm just not enough?

"right now i'm busy, i'll call back later?" clay tilted his head while smiling at the stars.

"see ya baby!" i heard lorelei.

so i'm not the only one?

"bubye" clay said then putting his phone on the table.

i refused to look at clay, i was starting to actually believe he really did like me, then lorelei out of everyone is now calling him baby?

"george?" clay hesitated.

"hm" i still refused to look even near him.

"you good?" he asked.

"i heard a girl" i didn't specify who though.

"oh, don't worry; it was just my aunt" clay smiled.

"right..." i replied then pressing my lips into a thin line.

"baby- you have to trust me, i really do love you; i would never lie to you" clay smiled.

this made me smile, maybe i was just overthinking? to be fair people can have similar voices, i told myself.