One-Shot Special Non-Cannon (Nature) Part 3

Heavy footsteps echoed throughout the empty halls as Skyler walked at a brisk pace as his thoughts keep swarming back to where he protectively intervened with Nature from that strange dragon named Deo.

Ever since Nature came back home, Skyler's thoughts keep drifting back towards her. He felt very strange when their bodies touched each other, his heart raced and he barely managed to control his erratic breathing when they walked together around the lake, introducing Nature to the dragons that are freely enjoying their life of peace with humans....

The way she smiled with the sparkling lake that is behind her reflected her emerald scales that sparkles under the ray of the sun. And whenever she laughs, his tummy felt strange as if he is having the complete opposite of having indigestion... Like, some butterflies are dancing in them.

And when she looked at him smiling... It felt as if Skyler is floating on the clouds or something.

However, that euphoria ended when Deo came and suddenly was straightforward towards Nature which made Skyler feel very uncomfortable and possibly jealous.

Skyler came to a complete halt as he realized he's been standing in front of the double doors that lead to his personal chambers. Time sure flies when your thoughts are in disarray.

Skyler opened the two huge doors and was greeted with the fresh scent of a cozy flame. Inside his personal chambers, there lays a large fireplace under an even larger chimney. For some reason, he preferred to have a traditional fireplace instead of the modern heater when the civil engineers tried to come up with a way to warm up his mansion from winter.

Another noteworthy thing around Skyler's room is the lack of a soft mattress. Instead, there lies a hard and smooth obsidian slab, covered with what looks to be different kinds of leaves compressed together to make a makeshift bed. Again, Skyler's body is different from that of humans so his draconic needs are different as well.

Right atop the ceiling hangs a beautiful crystal chandelier that lights up the entire room. The builders spared no expenses when they build Skyler's personal chambers.

With a sigh, Skyler moved towards his study table filled with letters and documents about the dragons and requests that the humans sought after him. Some of them are proposals to have dragons feel a lot more welcome in human society as well as laws that prevent dragonkind from causing chaos and disorder when facing society.

"Well... Time to get to work." Skyler said as he shoved all of his thoughts about Nature in the back of his head towards the imaginative trash can. However, the imaginative trash can lacks the physical ability to hold his thoughts so Skyler's thoughts about Nature just floated in his mind in a never endless loop as Skyler tried hard to focus, but failed in his work.

-------

"Ahh... This could not have gone easier..." Skyler said aloud as he pushed mountains of paperwork to the side then looked at the other batch of mountains of paperwork that he just received a couple hours ago from Morrow. He slumped at his desk and sighed.

Sitting in an empty room filling up paperwork is very stressful and a thankless job sometimes when you're alone.

Skyler turned his head to the lake that is in view and noticed the lack of dragons playing in it. It surprised Skyler how many dragons actually felt very happy when they flew freely from the dark homes that they have lived throughout their entire lives. If he hadn't turned into a dragon and met Nature in the lake that fateful night, he wondered how his life will turn out...

"Ugh... I can't even think of anything without Nature in it... What is wrong with me?" Skyler abruptly stood up and walked outside his room as he decided to go for a late-night stroll in the lake.