Chapter 13 - Sunny the Dragoness (Part 2)

Beyond the city where Skyler and company where busy finding their friend that will help them with their particular magical problem, there lies a quiet, mundane farmland where a certain female dragon that is devoid from the eyes of other humans had made herself a home and was adopted with a kind caring family.

Her name was Sunny, a very bubbly, hyperactive (politely speaking) fire dragoness. And today, she is helping with the chores around the farm by plowing the fields with her strong muscles pulling the particular contraption that helps her.

"Tataratada~ Taratatada~~" Sunny sang a peachy tune as she effortlessly pulled the plough behind her. It loosened the soil enough for the planting of various kinds of seeds that is in her satchel behind her back. As the afternoon sun shines at the fire dragoness, reflecting her fiery red scales hence, why she is called Sunny, worked hard and diligently for the farm and her human family that resides in it.

Of course, one might say that this particular farm could just use a tractor to make the plowing more faster, but this particular family is so engrossed with their old traditions that they would not try to even buy one. That and they couldn't afford a tractor anyways, but as long as they have a trusty dragon friend for help, they wouldn't need to anyways. Usually they would let their horse do the ploughing, but the day before yesterday, their horse, Spirit, was very sick for some unspeakable reason that they had to resort on letting Sunny do all the work.

Of course, Sunny didn't mind. She didn't mind at all as long as she keep her family happy. She reassured them several times that she can do this work for like as twice as fast as a regular horse can. Besides, she wanted to be helpful anyways. The only chores she done in the farm is merely helping her stepbrother human carrying all the harvest basket and other simple chores around the farm.

Yes, she'll do anything she can to make them feel happy, because they too made her happy the day that they found her.

--

She began to reminisce the day that her soon-to-be-stepbrother found her trapped in a boulder when she was just trying to scavenge for food and the human boy just exploring outside the territory of his home. Hungry and injured, she looked at him fearfully as she resigned to her fate and let him do what she wanted to her. She expected something really violent or something gruesome that may hurt her or worse, end her life. She's been alone in this world and whenever she met a human, she only hear their screams or whispers of fear and judgement in the wind. She was always alone, with no dragon to relate and no friends to make. She just wanted everything to end. To end the neverending loneliness that plaque in her heart. Little did she know, that was about to come true, in a different kind of way.

When she thought she was done for and closed her eyes while tiny droplets of tears seep off from it, she didn't hear any screaming, or whispers of fear, or anything negative for that matter, instead she felt something fall infront of her and then a gasp. She could hear him running away from her, and when his faded footsteps disappeared, she relaxed, but only for a little. She was still trapped and most of all, alone. She wished he could have just ended him their but then he didn't....Why? She just laid there lifelessly for god knows how long.... But then, she heard something, a couple of somethings.

She then began to remember someone talking and a couple of other voices. Her thoughts then began circling back to the boy that seen her and her heart beat had began to raise. She closed her eyes and waited.... Waiting for something to poke her sides with something sharp, to tear through the scaled over her body, but nothing. She didn't feel anything, except something really heavy being rolled off her back.

She couldn't hear what they were saying properly due to the fact that their is a terrible ringing in her ears, but it seems that they were arguing over something. Sunny opened her teary eyes as she slowly looked up at the persons who rescued her. The first person that she ever looked is his soon-to-be-step-brother, Johnny. The boy reaches his hand towards her head while she winced at the touch. A very warm and gentle touch....

"Hey.... You okay?" That was the first thing that Sunny heard when her hearing came back. His voice isn't shaking with fear, instead, it was concern and curiosity. It was at this moment that Sunny's life finally went in the right direction.

The boy's parents hesitantly but surely walked closer to the dragon and began inspecting her. She was supposed to be afraid of her wit, but then, the gentle touch of the boy's hand seems to have calmed her down.

"Hey, it's okay, we're here to help." Johnny said soothingly, or as best as he can, still very wary at Sunny who is in the verge of tears and started to close her eyes when she finally felts something heavy being removed off of her.

--

Just as she was finishing ploughing the last line, her adoptive human brother ran towards the dragoness and gave her a big hug, even thought it only covers some of her neck but she liked every moment of it.

"Sunny! Sunny! Come quick!! Ma and Pa saw something on TV that'll blow your mind!" Her brother said excitedly as she was being pulled towards the house without any chance to complain.

Sunny with no time to argue, followed her brother as quickly as she can while avoiding all the crops that their family planted. Of course, she could just fly but she totally forgotten it because of some unknown reason that she couldn't imagine.

----

"......" Sunny's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates as her mouth curled up into a really big smile, showing her teeth and scaring away the family dog as it ran outside barking in fear of the dragoness.

Her parents watched at her with amusement as Sunny and her brother was transfixed at the TV, watching a news that is featuring a parade. Although, they aren't particularly watching THE parade, they are watching someone who is in the parade, more particularly a white scaled dragon who is waving amongst the crowd and towards the camera man with a smile on his face.

Sunny couldn't believe it. I mean, she wanted to believe it but at the same time, she can't. After all this years, dragons still exist? Sunny is visibly shaking with joy that her tail is vibrating the floor to the point that it felt like a miniature earthquake hit their house.

Sunny looked at her parents and then to her brother, obviously signalling them of what she wanted to do.

"Can I?..." Sunny looked at them, her eyes gleamed with excitement as her human parents nodded with a smile.

Sunny let out a chipmunk-like squee as she dashed to her parents and hugged them, her brother joining the hug.

"This is the best day ever!"

----

"THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER!!" Nature and Ariel said as they were struggling among the sea of every person that tried to take their photograph.

Outside of the crowd, Skyler and Charlie looked at the two dragonesses with mixed emotions. Skyler, obviously terrified that the tsundere dragon known as Nature have appeared, drowning in the waves of every photographer. Along with his terrified emotion comes amusement as he then focused his attention towards his sister who seems to be in the same predicament as Nature.

"Friends of yours?" Charlie asked as she stood there amazed by the sheer quality of those persons costumes. Even if they were being constantly tugged or pulled at, their costumes seems to be doing well.

"Yup." Skyler eyed carefully and realized that they haven't been spotted yet with the dragonesses.

"Should we help them?" Charlie began to walks towards them but Skyler quickly grabbed her bag and stopped her from moving anywhere.

"Nah, let's just leave them."

----

To be continued. UwU