Chapter 2

★ Mindy ★

Erin pulled up to the club, Night Potion. Girls and guys flowed in and put of the club, some drunk. I crinkled my nose. I've never in my life set foot in a club, and I've never in my life tasted not even the slightest bit of alchohol. I might be going into a club today, but I'm keeping my distance from any drinks. I've seen it before. Guy gives girl drink; drink has alchohol; girl get drunk; drunk girl sleeps with guy and so on. The girl has made the biggest mistake of her life. I will not end up like one of those soap opera characters. Not this girl. Not Mindy Greene. No way.

"Mindy?" Erin's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Are you going to get out of the car?"

"Oh!" I blinked a few times, stumbling out of Erin's yellow mustang. "Right."

I heard Collin chuckle. "Drunk already?"

"Ha ha." I laughed saracastically, finishing with a death glare towards Collin. He shrugged innocently. Erin giggled as she motioned for us to follow after her. We did, me staggering over the concrete floor due to my vibrant red heels. I hated my mom for buying me these. I can't believe she still had a little hope that I'd magically start being a little girly at least. If only she could see me now. I looked like I came straight out of the doll aisle in Wal-Mart.

"Hurry up, Min-Min!" Erin urged. I frowned at my annoying nickname and tried to keep my pace with her.

The door to Night Potion swung open and a drunk-looking couple floundered out, smiling dazily at each other. I crinkled my nose and followed Erin and Collin into the night club. I was instantly surrounded by loud, thundering music and colorful, flashing lights. Silhouette's danced all around me, some grinding up against each other. I blinked, trying to adjust my eyes to my surroundings.

"I'll be back!" I heard Erin yell over the loud music. "I just gotta go find someone!" She blew me a kiss and disappeared into the sea of moving bodies.

"She'll be back," Collin smirked beside me. "Tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes, agreeing with him. "Completely. What are we to do? Stay glued to this section of the floor?" I asked him, amusment in my voice.

Collin snickered. "Erin dragged us here for a reason. Why not take advantage of it?" Collin winked and glanced around him, his eyes landing on an akward-looking girl in the corner. She was clutching what looked like a water bottle in her hand and was looking around nervously. Her strawberry blonde hair flopped in wild curls around her shoulders and her skin was pale, even in the crazy lights.

"I'll...be back." Collin murmered, seemingly distracted. He strolled towards the girl, greeting her with his signature smile. I smiled as well, happy that Collin seemed to be having a pretty good start. Me? I just keep wishing I'd never given in to Erin. This just isn't my thing.

I made my way to the bar that lined up the left side of the club. A couple of girls and guys lingered around it, some asking for more and more shots of beer, vodka, or any other alchoholic drink.

I flopped onto an empty bar seat, my head falling into my hand in that cheek-on-palm position. This was going to be very long night.

"Want anything?" A barman's voice asked me. I peeked up at the guy that seemed to be in his late twenties. His black hair was over-gelled and he had a pretty nice mustache going on.

"No thanks." I mumbled.

"You sure? How about a shot of vodka? On the house?" He offered.

I smiled politely. "That's nice, but I don't drink."

The dude gaped. "Don't drink? It's hard to believe such a pretty girl doesn't drink."

I chuckled. "I've never been much of a drinker."